Rita Skeeter's Article

After the second task was over, Harry, Ron and Hermione seemed very happy. On the other hand, things began to go downhill for Heroneka. She knew that some professors knew about her and Draco, but wasn't sure about how many of them knew. Hermione had stopped talking to her at all and was angry about Viktor's sudden change of heart during the task. Ron was scowling at her, mouthing wordlessly every time he saw her because now Draco was walking around with her openly. But Harry, even though he wasn't talking to her, Heroneka could tell that he wasn't as angry as Hermione and Ron. Whenever she would catch him staring at her, Harry would look away quickly.

Judging by everyone's behaviour towards Heroneka, she guessed that Harry hadn't told anyone what he had seen happening under the lake, not even Ron and Hermione - he had seen Heroneka helpless, crying wordlessly, hugging Draco's sleeping body. He had found out how much she liked him.

Right after the second task, Heroneka had written a letter to Mrs Malfoy, telling her how Draco wanted to let everyone go to hell and just be open about their relationship. He was done hiding. He didn't even care about his father, finding out about their relationship. But Mrs Malfoy hadn't replied yet.

She even wrote a lengthy letter to Remus, explaining to him everything about the second task. Last year, while he was a professor at Hogwarts, Remus had asked Heroneka who was the boy whose memories and thoughts were making her Patronus so strong. She had shrugged off the question. But now, with the complicated situation she was facing, she wanted to tell him about Draco. But... She didn't. She explained it as if she was supposed to save Hermione only.

Now that Fay was hanging out more with Andrew Bolton, Heroneka felt more alone than ever. During her free time, she would either go to the library or the lake and walk over the surface. What she couldn't understand was, why had none of the judges raised a word against her and Viktor's switching hostages during the second task? Were they allowed to bring out any hostage they wanted? Or was it something else? Draco asked her not to think much about it. He was happy that Viktor had chosen his friendship over getting Hermione's attention.

As they entered March the weather became drier, but cruel winds skinned their hands and faces every time they went out onto the grounds. There were delays in the post because the owls kept being blown off course. Oscar turned up at lunch on Friday afternoon with half its feathers sticking up the wrong way; Heroneka had no sooner torn off Mrs Malfoy's reply than it took flight, clearly afraid it was going to be sent outside again.

Dear Heroneka,
I hope you are safe and well. It doesn't matter anymore if you try to hide anything. Lucius has found out about Draco's love for you. Remember the bell boy you and Draco met on the lift? He told Lucius that we had stayed there for a week during the summers.
But don't you worry. Draco is safe and I won't let Lucius hurt him. What is really important now - is that you stay safe. No matter when you become a fully-fledged angel. You need to make sure that you don't get abducted before your curse of seven deaths breaks.
I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your old friends. But I am sure, that now the friends you will make, will be there for you always because they are standing up for you when you are in a crisis.
Think like your father would have and let the darker shade in your blood take over. Only Albert's maniac blood in your veins can help you now.
Love,
Narcissa Malfoy

Heroneka folded up the letter, thinking. If she was honest with herself, she looked up to Narcissa a lot. She admired Mrs Malfoy's strategic way of dealing with everything, including her own husband. Even though Lucius had found out about them, Narcissa had assured her Draco's safety, because she knew it was bothering Heroneka the most, who knew that her safety didn't matter anyway. Either she would die or be sacrificed - her life would end one way or another someday, but Draco... She couldn't let anyone hurt him.