Friends From Slytherin

Heroneka and Viktor reached back the rocky bench, keeping the golden eggs on it, and looked around for a few moments, making sure that nobody else was there. Viktor waved his wand, muttering some spell in Bulgarian and Heroneka felt a warm draft of wind hitting her. It dried off her body instantly. Her messy bun wasn't dripping water anymore. She quickly wore her clothes over her swimsuit while he wore his shirt.

Once they were back to normal, they sat on the bench, staring at the black lake. Heroneka activated her Invisibility bubble shield, which now the size of the circular room. It was half sunk under the ground, looking like a semicircular bubble, glowing blue from within.

"It's happening, you know," she observed her shield. "The evolution - the progress rate has increased. There was a time when I couldn't fit more than one person in my shield."

Viktor smiled softly. "This vos supposed to be happening." He got up and began to gather woods and sticks nearby.

A few minutes later, he had lit up a fire inside the bubble shield, some of it was being sucked by the thin blue energy layer, warming up the inside of the semicircular shield.

"I did not know that you wanted to die." Viktor watched the fire intensely. "Is that vhy you have joined the championship?"

"I mean, the sooner I become a fully-fledged angel, the better for me," Heroneka said softly. "And -- this seemed like a good way to earn a few deaths."

Viktor nodded grimly, still staring at the fire. Heroneka's eyes, however, were fixed at the lake. She could hear the water rippling softly.

"They are going to take something from us." She said. "The merpeople. Something that will be valuable for us."

Viktor looked up at the lake too. "How do you know?" He said frowning. His face glowing with the fire's light.

"Didn't you hear the song?" She asked him.

"I told you," he said slowly. "I vos not able to understand their voices."

Heroneka sighed. "They said, they will take something from us. Something important! We will have an hour to get it back. If we fail to do so... We will lose that valuable thing forever."

Viktor listened to her quietly.

"Staying underwater with all those aquatic creatures - some of them have magical creatures too because the dark forest is full of them as well." She went on. "We will have to find a way to breathe inside water for an hour."

Suddenly, Viktor's head turned towards the lawns, overlooking the castle. Heroneka followed his gaze, but it was too dark to make out anything.

"What happened?" She whispered to him.

Viktor didn't say a word. He was frozen like a statue, his eyes fixed at the lawn, right outside the castle.

"I thought --" he screwed his eyes to look properly. "I thought, I saw someone."

Heroneka tried to look properly but couldn't see anyone. "It could have been an animal."

He nodded, tearing away his eyes reluctantly from the lawns.

"If someone does come out of the castle at this hour, they won't see us." She assured him. "The shield will hide us and the fire too. They won't see any light as well. It will be as it would have been without us here."

But now, Viktor was looking very alert. He kept glancing around them suspiciously as if hearing things in the dark surrounding.

"Is there any chance that someone else could be invisible around us right now?" He asked her in a very low voice.