4- Surface Boy

Art by:@ mirromoo on Instagram

Summary: Tubbo meets a boy from the surface, he figures out how to turn him into a mermaid temporarily, Tommy finds out and all hell breaks loose

Note: Beeduo is canonically romantic  aparantly-

Other note: Tubbo's a prince and Tommy is his soldier/guard thing

Royal and Mermaid AU

lowercase intended

•••

"ey big man, where are you goin?" tommy whispered suddenly causing me to jump.

i had been trying to sneak out of the castle without being noticed,  guess i failed.

"i was going to go look at the stars." i whispered back.

the blonde caught up with me and swam at my side holding his trident tightly, "but the surface is dangerous..."

"that's why im going at night, no ones gonna be around." i grabbed his hand and grinned, "now come on!"

he laughed and together we swam quickly to the surface. picking up speed we swam straight up and crashed through the surface, flying into the dry air. we laughed loudly and splashed back into the ocean.

°°°

we stayed out there for hours before finally deciding to go back under, until something caught my eye.

or should i say someone.

"toms look!" i pointed to a small island, where a tall boy stood watching us.

tommy's expression changes as he pushed me underwater quickly, "your majestie stay down."

he had switched to protective mode so fast.

"no wait! it's just a kid!" i struggled against his hand on my head pushing me down.

"they could be dangerous!"

"lets find out then!" i swam down.

"tubbo?!"

tommy followed me as i swam around the small beach area of the island. i quickly crawled out of the water, my limbs feeling heavy as my tail disappeared. tommy quickly followed me, and thankfully when we transform into our human forms we magically have shorts.

i walked around the beach in the direction i saw the boy, tommy trailing behind me holding my hand.

"look look! there's the kid!" i whispered. 

tommys grip on my hand tightened and he nodded, i grinned and walked towards the boy. he saw us and glanced over to the ocean then back at us.

"hello!" i waved at him.

"hi?" he questioned.

"we saw you chillin out here alone and thought we'd join you," i scratched my chin awkwardly, "if thats alright with you."

"uh yeah, yeah thats fine.."

awkward silence followed.

tommy coughed, "this is tubbo, he doesnt have good social skills. obviously," i glared back at him, "and im tommy."

"im ranboo," ranboo chuckled, "its nice to meet you two."

i felt tommy slowly let go of my hand, signaling he thought it was safe. i smiled widely and continued talking with the ranboo.

°°°

towards the end of the night when it was almost dark tommy told me he was going to head back and make sure no one knew we were gone. i was with ranboo on the island still, he had gone up to a clif to look at the stars. i leaned my head on his shoulder, my eyes drooping from tiredness.

"i should probably head back.." i yawned.

"yeah i guess i should too." ranboo stood and helped me up.

he was a few steps in front of me while i was still close to the edge of the cliff. before i could take a step forward i heard a loud crack and felt myself begin to fall.

"Boo-!" i screeched as the part of the cliff i was on fell towards the ocean.

i watched ranboo jump after me and reach out to me before i hit the water with a slap. i felt my legs dissappear as my tail took their place, i looked for ranboo as i panicked hoping he hadnt seen my transformation. 

then i saw him.

he was struggling in the water above me, he cant swim.

and he still tried to save me.

i took a breath and sped towards him and grabbed him and tried to pull him back but he was too heavy.

"what do i do?!" i muttered.

then i remembered something the king told me, a way to turn a human into a mermaid for 24 hours.

"oh god, here goes."

i pulled ranboo down and swam in front of him to face him, i hesitantly grabbed his face.

°°°

"oh tubs your back!" tommy turned to me and froze, "why the hell is he with you-?"

"uh he almost drowned so i turned him into a mermaid.." i laughed awkwardly.

"YOU WHAT? EW YOU FUXKIN KISSED HIM-"

"WAIT YOU KISSED ME-?"

"ON THE DAMN FOREHEAD CALM DOWN-"

°°°

*finger guns*

katchow am i right?

anyways

BYEEEEEE~~

4