Dropping off a book to the sheriff

At 10:30p.m., Fire closed up her little bistro and locked it. She got in her neon aqua blue Mercedes Benz with cheetah prints on it and drove to the police station. She parked her car in front of the police station and got out. She went inside and walked towards Sheriff Angie Harmon with the book in her hand. She stopped and Angie looked up at her.

Angie: Fire, how can I help you?

She held out the book to the sheriff.

Fire: The History of Supernatural Beings is here and I decided to bring it to you before I go on my date, tonight.

Angie took it from her and sat it down on her desk.

Angie: Thank you, and who might I ask, are you goin' out on a date with?

Fire: His name is Damian Priest. Roman introduced me to him, and the guy is givin' off that dark, mysterious vibe about himself, so, I decided to go out with him on a date.

Angie: Well, that's great. I'm glad you're finally startin' to get back into the dating game. You need a man in your life, Fire, and you need a love life. Your life has meanin' to it and it's more than just workin' down there at that little bistro you own. It's beyond that.

Fire (jokingly): Are you tryna bare my own soul to me, Sheriff?

They laughed a little bit.

Angie: No, not in the least. I'm just speakin' the truth, but be careful, tonight, with Damian. The lightning moon is out.

Fire: Lightning moon?

Angie: It's for werewolves who were born in August. They come out to test their speed, stamina, and agility during this moon. So, be careful.

Fire: Okay, but don't tell me you believe in that supernatural bullshit, it's fake.

Angie: Actually, I do, and you should, too. There're worser dangers out there than us humans.

Fire: Okay, I'll be careful out there, goodnight, Sheriff Harmon.

Angie: Goodnight, Fire, have fun on your date.

Her eyes fell on the imprint marks that Damian put on Fire's back and Fire walked out of the police station. She walked towards her car and Damian snuck up behind her. He put his hand on her shoulder and she punched him in the nose. He covered up his nose with both of his hands.

Damian: Ow, shit!

They looked at each other.

Fire: Damian?

He put his nose back in place and planted his hands on his hips.

Damian: Yes, I'm not a mugger.

Fire: Well, that's ironic. I'm sorry about your nose.

Damian: You're fine. You were just defendin' yourself.

Fire: This date isn't startin' out so great.

Damian: Great defense, by the way. The date starts when we head out to the bar.

Fire: Well, let's go.

Damian: Why don't we walk this time? It's in walkin' distance.

Fire: Okay.

They started walking towards the bar while talking and laughing.