Pilot~2

Mystic Grill

Jace was talking to Elena,"how's Nevaeh doing?"
Elena:"our mom and dad just died. How do you think? She's just putting on a good face, but it's only been four months."
Jace:"has she said anything about me?"
Elena:"oh, no. So not getting in the middle. You pick up the phone and you call her."
Jace:"I feel weird calling her, she broke up with me."
Elena:"give her more time, Jace."
I entered the grill with Stefan.
Jace:"more time, huh." He got up from the table and walks towards Stefan and I,"hey, I'm Jace, nice to meet you."
Stefan:"hi. Stefan."
Nevaeh:"hey."
Jace:"hey." He walks over to Tyler.

We sat down at the table and started to get to know Stefan better.
Caroline:"so, you were born in Mystic Falls?"
Stefan:"mmm-hmm. and moved when I was still young."
Elena:"parents?"
Stefan:"my parents passed away."
Nevaeh:"I'm sorry. And siblings?"
Stefan:"none that I talked to. I live with my uncle."
Caroline:"so, Stefan, if you're new, then you don't know about the party tomorrow."
Bonnie:"it's a back to school thing at the falls."
Stefan turns to me,"are you going?"
I smiled.
Elena:"of course she is."

~~~

Salvatore Boarding House

Zach walked into Stefan's room, and put the newspaper on the table,"you promised."
Stefan:"This was an animal attack."
Zach:"don't give me that. I know the game. You tear them up enough, they always suspect an animal attack. You said you had it under control."
Stefan:"and I do."
Zach:"please, Uncle Stefan. Mystic Falls is a different place now. It's been quiet for years, but there are still people who still remember. And you being here, it's just going to stir things up."
Stefan:"it's not my intention."
Zach:"then what is? Why did you come back? After all this time, why now?"
Stefan:"I don't have to explain myself."
Zach:"I know that you can't change what you are. But you don't belong here anymore."
Stefan:"where do I belong?"
Zach:"I can't tell you what to do. But coming here was a mistake." He leaves the room.
Stefan opens a book shelve and got one of his journals when he was a human. He opens it and looks at a old picture of Nevaeh. The writing under the picture says Isabela 1864.

~~~

Mystic Falls High School

In history class.
Tanner:"the battle of willow creek too place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle? Me. Bennett?"
Bonnie:"um...a lot? I'm not sure. Like a whole lot."
Tanner:"cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett. Mr. Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?"
Jace:"it's okay, Mr. Tanner. I'm cool with it."
The class laughed.
Tanner:"Hmm. Nevaeh? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significantly historical events?"
Nevaeh:"I'm sorry, I—I don't know."
Tanner:"I was willing to be lenient last year year for obvious reasons, Nevaeh. But the personal excuses ended with summer break."
I glared at Tanner with tears in my eyes, and my eyes went, I had to close my eyes.
Stefan:"there was 346 casualties. Unless you're counting local civilians."
Tanner:"that's correct. Mister..."
Stefan:"Salvatore."
Tanner:"Salvatore. Any relations to the originals settlers here at Mystic Falls?"
Stefan:"distant."
Tanner:"well, very good. Except, of course, there were no civilians casualties in this battle."
Stefan:"actually, there were 27, sir. Confederate soldiers, they fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of a great loss. The founder's archives are, uh, stored in civil hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts, Mr. Tanner."
The class laughed.
Tanner:"Hmm."