School and Excitement

Charlie's POV

When I wake up the next morning, my cheeks are a permanent pink tint, the texts from Amari making me smile and laugh through the night until my cheeks her and I feel asleep with my phone in hand.

I softly wipe the drool from my cheek, embarrassment rocking through me even with no one around to see.

I pull my phone towards me and tap the screen to wake it up, smiling when I see a text there waiting for me from Amari.

Good morning, Charlie. Meet me at the Picnic
tables in the front.

I shake my head as I read the text over and over again, the simple sense fr making my heart warm.

Never in my life have I felt my cheeks burn so much, my heart beating sweetly in my chest as I sit on the edge of my bed starstruck, still unsure if all of this is a dream. Since my parents always looked like the better Ken and Barbie, people have always told me I was attractive.

There's been more than a few times when a girl or even a guy have tried to flirt with me, but my anxiety betrayed me every time, nerves making my tongue turn to putty until something embarrassing slips out and I want a hole to swallow me alive.

But for some reason, when I met Amari, even though I was nervous, when I talked to him, things just seemed to nature. Everything just flowed, his voice sounding exotic and familiar all together, sending my feelings thoughts and body haywire just thinking about it, my cheeks filling as my cock attempts to do the same.

I slap a hand over my cheeks as I realize I'm getting a boner over a guy I just met, mortification not even close to describing my level of discomfort.

I place my phone down and try to find they about both it and Amari, but the whole time I shower and get dressed, his smile and he ghost of the feeling of his hand still follow me as I get ready for the day. excitement growing in my chest as the time gets closer to me seeing Amari.

I groan to myself as I finish tying my shoes, wishing I knew more about this whole Mating thing, feeling ridiculously uninformed.

It's an honor to be a human and having the chance at a Soulmate, but the possible things that could go wrong keep my anxiety present as I slow down my max dash to hurry to get downstairs and out of the door.

Just as I sit down on the bed, there's a knock on my door, and after a moment, I call for my dad to enter, my mind occupied as he steps into my room, walking to sit at the chair in front of my desk, making me turn towards him in curiosity and confusion. When he meets my eyes, he gives me a half smile, the look no longer looking alien in his face.

I watch as he holds up a few books before clearing his throat and looking away.

"I know it was your mother who made sure to know everything there was to know about everyone so she could be inclusive, and I wish it was her that was here so she could have this talk with you. She would have loved it." Dad tells me, his deep voice unsteady with tears as he tells me about Mom. "I know you need her right now and I'm sorry I can't be here. But I found these books on Werewolves and Soulmates."

I watch as my dad awkwardly holds up the books in his hand before placing them on my desk, standing up from the chair to wipe his hands on his pants.

"Thank you." I tell him, my red tinted cheeks matching his own, and he grumbles something about being ready in thirty before leaving my room, the door being pulled shut behind him.

Feeling good, I text Amari back before getting ready for school quickly, grabbing a pop tart and water bottle before rushing to the car, ignoring my dads knowing snicker with red cheeks as he follows me out of the house and towards the car.

The car ride to school no longer feels as stiff as it did when it first became the two of us, and I even find myself humming to one of the songs over the radio, my fingers drumming on the door anxiously as we drive closer to the school. When we're about a block away, we find ourselves in the car line, parents lining up to drop their kids off before continuing on their way into the city for work.

"Charlie?" My dad calls to me when it's finally my turn to get out without having to walk too far, my eyes already searching for the picnic tables. I turn back towards my dad and find him looking out at the car thats pulling off in front of us. "Just be yourself. If it's one thing that I know about Mates is that your matched based off of your true souls, not just who you present to be."

With the uncharacteristically deep words, my dad tells me goodbye and I return the farewell before getting out of the car, my earlier excitement threatening to swallow me while, my smile making my face feel like it's split in half.

I walk towards the front of the school, looking around hoping to catch a glimpse of Amari, and smile brightly when I find the picnic tables under a cluster of trees, finding Amari almost immediately in the small crowd.

With nerves crawling up my spine I slowly walk over towards the group, a goth looking girl nudging Amari causing him to turn around, his face splitting into a smile the moment he sees me. Not waiting for me to come to him, Amari strides towards me, and grabs the back of my neck, pulling me slightly down until my neck is level with his nose, the nose and feeling of him smelling the column of my neck makes my cheeks burn and my stomach flutter as he goes to pull away.

"Hi." I say awkwardly, my face still warm, and I watch as Amari smirks, his hand sliding down my arm until his fingers catch with mine, turning to walk towards the picnic table with me now in tow.

"I missed you." He tells me with a wide smile, and the words make me feel like I'm floating over to the table where I recognize the boy from lunch yesterday. Rico nods to me, and I wave shyly back before dropping my hand as the rest of the people around the table turn to look at me.

Amari's hand tightens around mine before he speaks up. "Guys, this is my Mate, Charlie. Charlie this is Tonya, she's an werewolf like me. This is Mitch, he's a slut, but technically only for his boyfriend. Hes human too." He tells me and his friends laugh before he points to Rico. "And you remember the Daemon Sub." He teases, and this time, my laugh joins the others even as my cheeks burn, my hand in Amari feeling safe and warm.

The morning passes with me getting to know Amari's friends, and by the time the first bell rings, I feel more at home.

~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a cute chapter. Maybe my favorite one so far.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Pegasus or Unicorn?