Training and Annoyance

Amari's POV

   I correct the stance of my hands as I push myself up and down from the floor, breathing in and out calmly through my mouth.

    The training room is mostly empty but I know I'll probably be in here a few more hours. As the smallest omega in the pack, I have to work hard in order to get my muscles as defined as they are. All my other peers have to do a third of all the work I have to.

    It used to annoy me, how easily the other wolves could get abs and rack up their stamina, their human and wolf bodies so much leaner and swollen than mine, but after two years of working my ass off, theyre the ones looking at me in envy. It's a great feeling.

    It's still not easy though, even though I'm the best warrior the Winter Moon pack has. I still have to train just as hard, just as much and with just as much passion as when I started.

   Anything else makes you soft and lazy.

  But they aren't ready for that conversation.

   I smirk to myself as I stiffen my arms as I raise up out of one last push up, and hold a plank position over the ground.

   The veins in my arms are prominent as I hold myself above the cold floor, my abs tightening as my core gets it's own work out. I'm able to hold it for two minutes before my arms start shaking, and three before I have to give and set myself down.

   Thirty more seconds than last week.

   Always room for improvement.

   I check the clock to see that it's almost seven and I need to be heading home soon. My parents say I work myself too hard and that I should take a break, but they don't get it. They were both strong wolves form the moment they were born. They never had to work everyday to prove to an entire pack that I could do the same thing they did but six times better.

   'It's an instinct to protect the weakest wolf. They didn't mean any harm.' Atlas tells me and I roll my eyes at my wolf.

    'That instinct can go fuck itself. I don't need protection and I don't need saving.' I answer back with a frown as I get up and start another round of stretches before I do my circuit all over again. Atlas sighs but doesn't try to say anything else.

    And as much as he thinks I don't understand what he's trying to tell me, I do. But that doesn't make the fact any less annoying. Because all that tells me is that when I meet my Mate, the dumb fuck is going to think because I'm an omega, that I'm going to need his protection and Dominant wolf energy.

    I don't.

   And anyone that tries to assert it over me with end up with a broken arm on the floor.

   At the very least.

   While I can't deny that having a mate would be amazing and an experience that every wolf should have, everyone knows how Omegas are treated no matter where you go. They think we're all soft squishy beans that are sensitive and shy.

    I once won a contest between the Warriors on my Monthly. An Omegas monthly before they meet their Mate makes them very susceptible to stronger wolfs, sensitive and soft.

    I may have cried when our instructor told me to raise my arms, but I beat every opponentI had with tears streaming down my face.

   And that's why everyone hates me. Because I defy the natural laws of wolves in their eyes but I think they forget that natural selection is a thing. And this world isn't innocent or sweet. If I want to survive on my own, I need to know how. And the fact that I think like that instead of being who they want me to be, kills them. And it makes me laugh to myself every time they glare at me.

   I'm a A/B student and at the top of my training ranks, number one since tenth grade.

   The only Omega in pack history to hold such a rank.

    Hopefully I can set a precedent to others that you don't have to be what people tell you to just because it's what they expect. If they don't like it, punch them in the throat and neck them in the ribs.

    They'll get over it.

    I'm laughing to myself when I hear the door open to my left. I turn my head, expecting it to be someone leaving to go home, but my lip curls up into a snarl when I see who it is. Avery fucking Johnson, the biggest shit head in the whole pack.

    All because his stupid ego is bruised from taking second place for two years.

     As he walks into the room, he sees me stretching and he smirks at me, his blue eyes shining as he makes his way over to me, the six inches he has on me doing nothing but giving me an advantage to fuck him up if he tries something.

     "Amari, I didn't know you would be in here." He says as of surprised but I don't buy it.

     "Bullshit, Avery. I'm here every day." I call him out and he shrugs as if he never noticed.

     "I wouldn't know. I would think you would be somewhere getting cuddles and smothered like the Omega you are. Real men become warriors, not dress up wannabes." He tells me and I can tell he's trying to rile me up but I've been dealing with the same old shit for years.

     "Real men are at the top of their class. At school and in training. It figures you always come second, I always knew you were a piece of shit." I tell him.

     I pick up my bag and sling it over my shoulder, smirking at the man before I wink and turn around, walking towards the door. I can hear him muttering shut under his breath like we're back in middle school, but I ignore it.

    'I would love to see you beat that asshole up again. He wouldn't last three minutes with you.' Atlas says, going inside my mind and his fur bristles in irritation but I only shrug.

    'I don't pay him any attention. One of these days he's going to get what's coming. And hopefully I'm either the one giving it to him, or there to watch.' I disagree and a bit of tension leaves us as he snorts and settles back down.

    I open the doors to the training building and walk out into the sweet evening air. I walk towards my house, glad I decided not to drive today since I get to walk in this weather.

   The walk only lasts about three minutes and I walk up the porch, using my key to open the door and as soon as I do, I hear the patter of tiny feet running towards me. I close the door with a smile and when I turn about around, a hair of chocolate brown curls slams into my legs, almost making me lose my balance.

    "Whoa there, Speedy." I laugh, giving my sister a hug and she smiles up at me before bouncing up on her toes and giving me her grabbing hands.

   Unable to say no to her big hazel eyes I pick her up and settle her growing body on my hip, smiling at Beatrice.

    "Mari home!" She says, clapping her little hands and I nod with a smile as I walk us into the kitchen where I find my mom looking through a cookbook as she measures out her spices. Mom looks up and sees me before frowning.

    "Amari you're going to make your sister smell like sweat." She says scrunching up her nose and I laugh.

    "She'll smell like a hard worker then. Isn't that right, Tris?" I begin to tickle my sweet sister and she screams out a laugh as she tries to get away but I hold her steady until she flips in my arms and plays dead. My mom laughs at us and I smile as I go to get ready for dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love Mari with his sister. And do anyone catch the Divergent reference? Okay so only two books got voted for today so I'm going to just write as much as I can after posting the updates and then just hope I have time to write tomorrow. It's not even seven so I have four more hours.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Do you like peas?