Chapter 3

[ Zayn ]

I walked over to the costumer who's waving his hand as he looks at my direction. I saw him talking with Allison a while ago so it means he has ordered already. So what is his problem now and he's bothering me? I'm not really in the mood right now because of my problems with Dana.

Actually, not to be fucking rude and all but I really don't want to go here at work, but I had no choice. I'd rather stay here than to be at home with my mum and Henry, my stepdad. He hasn't done anything bad to me actually. I just don't like him and I know he feels the same way. He never treats me as a son but who cares? My mum is the only reason why I'm still living with them. But as soon as Dana and I get married, I'll leave that house for good.

"Can I help you?" I asked once I reached his table, trying my best to be polite even though I'm getting annoyed at his smile. This guy seems to be younger than me but I can say he's taller and much broader. His hair, it's a crazy mop of curls and it kinda suits him tho. But the thing I noticed most is his eyes. It's a sparkling emerald green.

Curly boy's gaze fell on my chest where my name tag is pinned. "Zayn?" he smiled widely.

"Yes, that's me." I nod. "Do you need anything?"

"Can I ask for another glass of water?" he asked, holding out the glass in front of me with a cheeky smile.

That's it? Water? He wants a glass of fucking water?!

I force a smile and take the glass, stopping myself from breaking it to his head. I have no time to be friendly, but I don't want to make a wrong impression with the costumer either.

"Right away sir." I turned my back on him and went to the kitchen, filling the glass with cold water. I saw Allison passing by with a tray of orders.

"Oi, is that for the curly guy?" I pointed to the tray and she nodded eagerly. "Bring him this too. He's asking for it." I put the glass on the tray and Allison walks out of the kitchen excitedly. I rolled my eyes. She's going to flirt with that Curl guy., I'm sure of that.

I sit on the nearest chair, massaging my temple. I can't remove Dana on my mind and it's ruining everything. Why can't she just leave Luke and come back to me? We are meant to be. Here I am moping everyday, waiting for her text and calls yet she doesn't seem to care. Last night, I called her and she told me she's in a romantic getaway with Luke, and because they want to be far away from the papparazis and stuff. What are they? Superstars? I snorted. And last night she told me they were engaged, which is the reason of me, crying the whole damn night. I want to punch someone right now. I really do.

I stood up and walk out of the kitchen quickly or else I might start throwing and breaking things here.

"Excuse me... Zayn?" I stopped and turn to see who it was. Curly boy is smiling at me again. He's starting to annoy me. Bigtime. I walked towards him with heavy strides.

"Yes sir?"

"Can I ask for another glass of water?" he smiled cheekily.

Is he fucking kidding me or what? He's really testing my patience.

"Why didn't you ask Allison when she's here?" I asked a bit rudely. Sorry can't help it.

"Choked on my food just now. Please? Before I choke again?" he pouts and batted his eyelashes. I have to admit he looks cute.

Wait.. Did I say cute? ew No.

I sighed before taking the glass and went back to the kitchen for refill.

When I returned, I put the glass down with extra effort so it almost spilled on the table. "Here it is....sir"

"Thank you.." Curly says sweetly. Is he gay or what? He's starting to creep me out.

An old couple enters the shop and I quickly went to them to get their orders. Then I walked back to the kitchen. At the corner of my eye, I can see Curly is staring at me or maybe looking at something behind me, I don't know, but I still looked at him anyways. My frown deepens when he waved at me. "Hi" he mouthed.

Oh..kay.. He is weird and gay, for sure. Gotta ignore him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not homophobic, but Curly is creeping me out.

"Water please?" he uttered when I passed by in front of him. I'm holding the tray of orders for the old couples.

"What?!" I yelled at him before I could even stop myself. "What the hell are you doing with the water huh?!"

"I'm thirsty. And can you please wipe this?" he points at the water droplets on his table. Oh God. I'm ready to punch him soon.

"Are you serious? Dude wipe it yourself!" I scowl, turning my back on him and went to the old couples.

"Is that how you treat your costumers here?" The old woman asked with a stern voice. Oopps. Is she angry? "We change our minds now. We don't want to eat here anymore." the couple stood up and walks out of the door before I could even utter a word. What did I do?!

Uugggh! This is so messed up!

*****

Sorry I need to cut it here. I just need to do something. But there's a part 2 of this chapter. Sorry T__T