Chapter 9

One Year Later....

[ Harry ]

"Parteeeeeeh!" Louis shouted at the top of his lungs. He's dancing like an idiot on the middle of the dance floor. We're out of town for our summer vacation. It's Liam's treat since he got a new job as an English teacher, and we are staying in a small resthouse that Josh rented. Louis and Liam didn't bring Elea and Dani with them. They say it would be a boy's bonding.

"Guy's come here! Let's dance!" our head whipped to Lou's direction. He's now dancing with a blonde girl. Both of them grinding to each other. If El could see this, Lou would be so dead by now. I chuckled at my thought. I roamed my eyes at the surroundings. Many people are dancing while other are at the beach, sunbathing and swimming. Girls are in different kinds of bikinis. Nice.

This place reminds me of the beach in the movie I watched. Step Up Revolution. This place were like the one where Emily and Sean first met and dance.

"Hey Haz.." Niall poked my side as he grinned at me. "Let's swim. He's wearing a blue surfer short and he's shirtless. His skin is slightly pink because of the sun but still, he looks pale. His blonde hair has now some brown streaks on the roots, indicating it's growing longer. Honestly, this hair suits him better than the full blonde one. Last month, Niall admits that he and Emma broke up 8 months ago because he caught her cheating. I told her karma slapped his face because of what he did to me. I always knew that girl was a skank. "Are you done checking me out?" a cocky smirk appears on Niall's face and I snorted.

"Whatever you say Irish.."

Liam, Niall and I went towards the beach where a lot of children are playing with sands, building some sandcastle. Liam quickly run towards the sea and Niall follows but me, I just sit on the sand, burying my fingers in it while I watched them play like little kids.

"Eeeeek!" a loud girl squeal catched my attention. I looked around to see where it came from. Not far from me, I saw a curvy blonde girl laughing and running while a tanned guy is chasing her. Nice. Sweet couple.

I suddenly remember him. I wonder how he is. Where he might be right now? Does he even think about me? Or does he even remember me? Because if you would ask me, I never stop thinking of him. He always visits me in my dreams. Never felt something like this for someone. Just him.

"Hazzz! C'mon!" my head snapped up to Niall. He's grinning and waving at me and I just smiled.

"Yeah, later!" I shouted so he could hear me. I took a big sigh. I just want to be happy again. I want to see him again. But how? It's been a year. I tried calling him before but he never answered my calls. Not once.

A shadow towered over me and I looked up to see Niall standing in front of me. Water is dripping all over his hair and body. Damn! He looks hot I admit. "You're moping again Haz?" he asked worriedly.

"Nah, I'm not. I'm just thinking of something.." I shook my head then I lie flat on the sand, still looking at Niall. He smirked and before I could see it, he sits on top of my stomach.

"Oy stinky head, get off me! You're cold!" I tried to push him but he just shook his head, water droplets sprinkling on me. This past few months, we became much closer to each other. He's always by my side to comfort me. But lately, I can feel he's starting to flirt with me again, and sometimes, I flirt back. I wonder if he still has feelings for me. Niall is a great guy. He's caring, funny, loving and sweet.

"What are you smiling at Curly?" he asked curiously, still sitting on top of me. I gripped his both sides.

"I just realized that you're much sexier now. I mean you're getting hotter Ni.." I chuckled and winked at him.

"Re-really? You think so?" he stuttered and I could see a faint tint of pink on his cheeks.

"Are you blushing Niall James Horan?" I faked a gasp.

His eyes went wide and I burst out laughing. "I'm not! Ass!" he slapped my chest but then, he smile again.

"Lads, you looked like a gay couple there.." our heads snapped up to see Liam standing beside us. His nose is scrunched up and he's frowning. Lately, Liam's getting on my nerves. Whenever he see and Niall messing with each other, he'd look at us like he's disgusted or something. I swear I'm going to kiss Danielle in front of him one time.

Niall get off me and extend his hand to me so he could help me get up. "Let's go back to the bar. Who knows what Lou's doing right now.." both of them starts to walk. My eyes flicked to the couple I saw awhile ago. I don't know but there's something about them that interest me.

"Hey Haz, you coming?" Niall called and I shook my head.

"I'll be there later. Just saw someone I know.."

"Okay.." Niall continued to walk back to the bar. I, on the other hand followed the couple until they reach the beachfront hotel.

Why is my heart beating so fast?? I don't understand..