Chapter 7

MIA

It had been two days since I'd met Dylan. Two days since my father had told me I'd be meeting Ryan. One day till I was supposed to meet Ryan. I think now was a good time to start hyperventilating. I face palmed myself as I contiued to stress eat.

"Hey," Cynthia, a pack member about the same age as me, greeted me as she entered the kitchen.

"Hey," I responded with a mouthful of cake.

"The Luna has been asking for you," she said, as she grabbed a water bottle. Judging by the scratches on her face, she must have been in combat training right now.

"Yeah, I'll see her in a while," I replied, taking another bite of the chocolate cake. Our chef should win a medal, this cake was to die for. I felt selfish eating almost all of it, but I couldn't help it. This cake was the only thing keeping me from freaking out about tomorrow.

I took the plate of cake with me as I headed towards my mother's room. She was either there, or with my father in the office. I always saw them supporting eachother, when I had met Liam, I wanted something like that but I never knew I was going to lose him so soon.

I knocked on her door, and she opened it for me. I smiled as I walked in and took a seat on her bed.

"Have you been walking through the entire house with that?" She gestured at the cake and I shrugged in response.

"What am I going to do with you," she shut her eyes as she took a deep breath. I stayed unfazed, staring at her as I continued to eat my cake.

"What will you wear tomorrow?" Mother asked in a stern voice.

"I haven't chosen anything yet," I replied.

"Please do not disappoint your father and I," She said in a pleading voice as she took a seat next to me. "Your father really wants you to be happy." I clenched my jaw but didn't comment on what she said. She always defended him, for once, couldn't she just be my mother and tell me to go with my heart? To be honest with them if I even liked the guy I was meant to meet tomorrow.

I blinked back the itch in my eye that threatened to spill my tears.

"Got it," I whispered as I stared at the fork I was holding.

"Mia, I know you think that we don't care about you, but we just want what's best for you," She took a hold of my hand and squeezed it assuringly. I just nodded as I didn't know what to say.

"Wear your maroon dress," mother said. "It brings out your eyes," she lifted my chin and smiled at me.

"I won't disappoint you," I swallowed and kept the plate away. If keeping up a good front in of my 'fiance' would make them proud of me, then u would try my best.

"Have you spoken to Madison?" Mother asked and I shook my head. Madison was her sister, since I was little, she had always been my favourite aunt. She was about five years younger then my mother but she was my best friend.

"No," I shook my head.

"Then why did she call me at 2 a.m. last night, screaming at me for getting you married off to some slimy old toad?" Okay so maybe I may have complained to her but I didn't know she would call my mother. Okay who am I kidding, this is aunt Madison.

"I have no idea," I feigned surprise. "Must have been Mason who told her," I cleared my throat as I grabbed my plate of cake again.

"Here," mother took off her necklace and handed it to me. "I want you to have this," She had been wearing this necklace since I could remember. It was a crescent moon with blue diamonds on it.

"I wore this, the first time I went to meet your father. Since then, I've always had it on but now I want you to wear it when you meet your future husband," She handed it to me and I smiled.

"Thank you," I breathed out. This necklace was lovely. I remember, I used to always go through my mother's jewellery when I was little, to try and find something like this.

"My mother gave one to me and one to Madison, take care of it," She hugged my side, I nodded in response as I put it on.

"How does it look?" I asked with excitement.

"Lovely," She smiled.

I took another spoon full of cake and mother groaned.

"Would you stop eating that now?"

"Try it. It's really good," I held out the plate. She hesitated at first but took a bite.

"It is," She looked surprised.

I sat with her for almost an hour before I decided to go for a run.

I walked out and passed the training grounds, Mason was fighting with someone in the ring and I decided to check it. Mason already had a hold over his opponents neck, the poor boy looked like he was about to pass out any second. He submitted, Mason got up and offered him a hand.

Mason walked up to me and I looked behind him.

"You didn't even choose someone your size," I accused and he shrugged.

"He volunteered."

"How about you fight me?" I suggested and he shook his head as he took a sip of his water.

"Do you remember the last time we had a go?" He chuckled and I shot him a glare.

"I was already worn out that day," I huffed.

"Well I'd love to beat your ass but you have to meet Ryan tomorrow, and mother will kill me if you have a bruised face."

"We're wolves," I said incredulously. He raised his brow at me, "We heal!" I exclaimed.

"I'm still not fighting you," He patted my head before walking away.

I walked towards the forest, passing through huge trees. I headed for the bridge deep within the forest. It was built across a pond. There were once water lilies floating across the entire pond, but whoever was taking care of it back then had stopped now. The water surface was covered in algae, but I liked it out here. A few pack members do come here, but it was empty right now.

Everything's going to be fine. I'm going to meet Ryan tomorrow, be on my best behaviour and hopefully he's not as bad as the scenarios I've made up in my head.

'Imagine if he's bald,' Sienna laughed.

'That's fine, I mean come on hair isn't that important,' I defended.

'We both know that's not true,' she chuckled.

I shook my head, staring at the surface of the pond. I should get father to hire professional cleaners to clear out this mess. It was a lovely place, but it was left unattended.

'The beauty of some places is better off untouched,' Sienna sighed.

'Since when are you such a wise acre?' I teased and she rolled her eyes.

'Just stating the obvious,' She scoffed. I remained silent. In deep thoughts about tomorrow. I still had to take out my maroon dress for ironing.

My phone beeped, I fished it out of my pocket to view the text. It was from Dylan.

Good luck for tomorrow!

I smiled at the text, deciding to reply later.