Chapter 10

DYLAN

I had finished up some paperwork while speaking to Mia over the phone. I had the surveillance camera footage playing on the second laptop on my table. I was keeping an eye over Aubrey as the Alpha had ordered. So far she had just left her room for lunch, I looked out the window as the sky was getting darker. I wanted to finish up two more files before dinner. I had promised Ric that I would go to the bar with him tonight, but I was having second thoughts as I didn't want to leave Aubrey unsupervised. I had considered asking Daniel to keep an eye on her, but the poor man already had his plate full with his three toddlers.

I leaned back in my seat as I thought of what the Alpha had said. I didn't buy into her sob story but I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Adrian did have a point though. Why did she show up after nine months of radio silence? It just didn't make sense. Ace was locked up on the royal grounds, underground cells. Everyone knew the Alpha was going into his father's house soon. Adrian had asked Daniel to take over here, since not all the pack members could move into the territory Adrian and Serena were going to move to.

I would have to go with Adrian as I am his beta. I finished up with the expense file, and emailed it to Adrian.

Ric suddenly appeared in my room causing me to flinch.

"What the fuck, could you stop doing that?!" I growled.

"The Alpha and Luna have agreed to join us tonight," he said with a smug smile.

"Damn it," I growled, fishing out fifty dollars and handing them to him. He had made a bet with me on whether he could convince the Alpha and Luna to come with us. "Did you cast a spell on them or something?"

"No. I just used my charm, works every time," he grinned. I'm having a hard time believing he didn't do something to make Adrian agree to coming to the bar. Especially after what happened the last time with the Luna. She was poisoned with wolfsbane.

I shook my head at his cockiness. I stared at the surveillance tape and Ric came around to look at it as well.

"I don't think she's going to do anything stupid, Adrian is the Alpha king now, every person will think twice before doing anything," He said.

"Hmm," I shook head looking away from the screen, I guess I should stop over thinking it.

We walked out of my office and headed towards the dining room. Ric decided to take a detour to the bathroom so I walked in myself. The Luna was already there, I took a seat next to her.

We had dinner after Adrian came, he was awfully quite tonight, I looked between Serena and him, then back at my plate. They definitely fought. That's going to sour our night.

Once we were done, I got my coat ad Ric was waiting for me outside. I got into the drivers seat once I met him, we decided to go ahead of Serena and Adrian, they would come when they wanted to.

"So what's the deal with you and that girl?" Ric asked.

"What girl?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"The one from Blue shadow, brunette, doe eyes, kinda hot," I slightly glanced at him with a frown before turning back to the road.

"There is no deal, she has a fiancé," I shrugged.

"Bummer," he said. "I actually have a date tomorrow night, and she has a friend-"

"Don't finish that sentence," I shook my head.

"Oh come on, you need to get out there again, so what you got cheated on-"

"I wasn't cheated on, she betrayed my pack," I corrected him.

"Same thing, but you need to move on and get back into the game!" He exclaimed. I parked the car near the club, and we both stepped out of the car.

"I'll think about it," I said as we walked into the club. The Alpha and Luna arrived shortly after we did. I ordered all of us our drinks as we sat on an empty table.

Adrian went out to make a call and I raised a brow at Serena.

"What happened?" I chuckled.

"Nothing," She shook her head.

"Oh come on, you look so stiff-"

"I do not!"

"Then tell me what happened," I chuckled.

"Fine. I wanted to surprise him about me being pregnant, but the idiot already heard the heartbeat before I could," She explained.

"So what?"

"I had everything planned out you know, I even decorated," She sighed.

"I'm really happy for the both of you," I smiled.

"Thank you," She smiled, the waiter placed our drinks on the table and I handed Serena her coke. I stared into the crowd, Ric was chatting with a group of people, it reminded me a lot of how I was before I had found out Caterina was my mate. I clenched my jaw as I remembered how she had been with me here once. After our bonds had broken, I spent countless days drinking away my sorrow at this club. Adrian had come back, Serena leaned her head on his shoulder and I looked away. Their PDA was reminding me of my ex mate. I rolled my eyes as I got up to join Ric.

"Cheer up!" He slapped my back, I shot him a glare and he just shot me a toothy grin. "Lighten up, we're here to have fun!" He yelled over the loud music.

I ended up dancing with a girl Ric introduced me to. He was right, I had to stop sulking about Caterina and move on. I think he said her name was Ashley. I was on my seventh drink when he had introduced me to her, my memory was starting to get hazy.

I woke up with a pounding headache, I looked around to see I was in my bed. What the heck happened last night. I took a quick shower and headed out for a run, I bumped into Ric on the way.

"Morning!" I winced at the loudness of his voice and he chuckled.

"What happened last night?" I groaned.

"I have no idea, you disappeared with Ashley for almost two hours, then I saw you almost passed out at the bar so I dragged your sorry ass home," he said.

I squeezed my eyes shut tightly, trying to soothe the burning, but it didn't help at all.

"I'll catch up with you," I said walking past him as I ran into the forest. I shifted my form as I ran past the trees.

'You slept with her,' he informed me.

'I figured,' I shrugged.

'Good to see you're not regretting it.'

'Why would I? It's been nine months since Caterina left,' I replied.

Aiden spoke to me for a while before I headed back to the pack house. I still had a lot of paperwork to complete, I changed into my clothes and headed towards Adrian's office. I knocked before entering and he looked up.

"Dylan, I need you to go through these," he pointed at two files and I nodded my head. "And we got an invitation from the blue shadow pack," he picked up an envelope and held it out to me.

I took it from him as I stared at it. It was an invitation card to Mia's engagement.