Chapter 6: That's how it is.

(Narrator's POV)

Jinn had disappeared, and the Lamp fell to the ground. Everyone was angry at Ozpin for hiding the truth from them.

"Salem can't be killed... You all heard her too, right?" Yang asked. Ozpin was on his knees and crying silently.

"I..."

"There was so much you hadn't told us! How could you think that was okay?" Yang interrupted him.

"Professor...." Ruby called to him. "What is your plan to defeat Salem?" She asked him.

"I... don't have one..." Ozpin admitted before Qrow punched him in the face, propelling him against a tree.

"No one wanted me. I was cursed. I gave my life to you because you gave me a place in this world. I thought I was finally doing some good." Qrow began to say to Ozpin.

"But, you are." He replies.

"Meeting you was the worst luck of my life." Qrow answered him with a cold tone.

"Maybe you're right" Ozpin said before handing control of the body back to Oscar, who immediately held his jaw.

"What happened?" Ruby asked him.

"He's gone." Oscar answered.

"That bastard! Tell him we're not done yet!" Yang orders the young farmer.

"No, This is different. He's gone... It's like he's locked himself deep inside my head. Our head?" Oscar replied.

"We're fucked up..." Night complains, pinching his nasal bridge.

"Hey Emerald! Did you know about Salem?" Yang asked her coldly.

"No! I was working with her just to stay with Cinder. I didn't care about her!" She replied.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You're not going to make me believe that in two years you haven't learned anything about Salem!" The blonde replied.

"And yet it is!" Emerald coldly replied before taking a punch to the face, knocking her back three steps.

"Don't mess with me!" Yang shouted at her. The green-haired woman returned the blow before the blonde began to strangle her.

"Wo wo wo! Stop, stop! Stop!" Night yells at them as he steps between the two girls, separating them, keeping them apart with his outstretched arms.

"I'm sure you're lying!" Yang shouts to Emerald.

"I said "stop" Yang! Don't dare to hurt her!" The young man replies.

"You're defending her!?" Yang takes offense.

"Whether you like it or not, Emerald is your teammate now!" Night replies to her coldly.

"Enough!" Maria shouted, getting everyone's attention. "We need to get a move on. It'll be dark before we know it, and every one of you is spewing negativity!" She said to the group as she approached Oscar to help him up. "There's a trail over there. Trails usually lead somewhere." She tells them before Yang gets carried away again:

"Lady, I don't know who you think you are, but..."

"No buts!" Maria interrupts her. "I understand that you're upset. Honestly, I'm still coming to terms with the fact that this is humanity's second time around. But if we don't move, we die. And I'll be damned if I've lived this long just to die out here in the cold!" She says to the group

"She's right. Come on." Ruby says to the others. The group left to get their stuff, which is loaded into Night's sidecar. Emerald looked again at Yang, who was pushing her motorcycle. The blonde looked at her and showed her her artificial arm.