Chapter 14: The military base

(Two Days Later, Narrator's POV)

The group put their plan into action. Weiss went into the military base with Maria hidden in her suitcase, followed by Saphron, who was carrying Adrian. On his side, Night entered discreetly in his smoke form in the ship that Weiss was to take, who was accompanied by Cordovin and her two soldiers.

"I was relieved to hear that you came to your senses, Ms. Schnee. Many of us were devastated when we heard that you would be attending Beacon Academy. Knowing that you'll be returning to Atlas just warms my old heart." Cordovin said to Weiss, delighted.

"It was time for me to get my act together and go back to my roots." Weiss responds.

"Oh, I can't wait to see you follow in your sister's footsteps." Cordovin told her, all the more delighted.

"Absolutely." Weiss replies with a grimace.

"I'm sending two of my best guards to personally escort you. Make sure General Ironwood hears that part." Caroline told him before leaving.

"Allow me to assist you with your bag." One of the guards said to the heiress before lifting the suitcase. "My, what a heavy bag!" He says.

"That's alright." Weiss tells him as she tries to take the suitcase back.

"Allow me to assist as well!" The second guard added as he tried to take the suitcase in turn, which caught Cordovin's attention. This worried Saphron, who looked at Adrian.

"Just like we practice." She whispered to him. Adrian instantly began to cry. "Oh no! Look at that, he's just going to miss you so much! You should hurry on out of here." Saphron said to Weiss in an act.

"A crying child?" Asks one of the soldiers, dropping the suitcase.

"We must console it." Added the other, dropping the suitcase in turn. The two soldiers played dumb trying to calm Adrian down, while Weiss climbed into the ship, with Night watching the scene from the corner of his eye.

"Atlas' army is a lot dumber than I thought..." The young man mutters.

"Calling me heavy! It's all muscle! I'll show them a thing or two about heavy..." Maria complains, still hiding in the suitcase.

 "We're on board." Weiss tells Ruby via her earpiece.

"Alright, we'll all watch our Scrolls. The second Weiss and Night are out of range of the Comm tower, that'll mean they're out of range of the radar too." Ruby says to the team.

"And that's when Blake steps in. We're almost at the drop off." Yang tells the group via earpiece.v

"Perfect." Night said to them before he heard the soldiers head for the ship. He immediately reverted to his smoke form and hid in the suitcase.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Maria complains.

"Shut up!" Night growls.

"Ms. Schnee, please sit down!" One of the guards asks her.

"We're taking off!" Said the first mate. 

"Good." Weiss told them as he sat down in one of the seats in the back. The ship finally took off, with Dragon watching from a tree.

"The ship just took off." Dragon informs Ruby via his earpiece. 

"Roger." Ruby replied. Behind him, he could hear Jaune, happy that his plan was working.

Inside the ship, Weiss watched her Scroll out of the corner of her eye to see if she could still communicate with the rest of her team. No signal. She took her hairpin and threw it at the case. Black smoke billowed from it, drawing the attention of the two guards.