Chapter 12: The Argument

(At Saphron's house, Narrator's POV)

Back at Saphron's house, the team RWBY, Night and Emerald explained what they discovered about Salem. The news did not please the team JNR and the rest of the team KNRD at all. Jaune punched the wall, cracking it.

" Jaune, calm down!" Emerald asks him.

"Everything we did was for nothing!" Jaune complained

"That's not true." Blake replies.

"Really? Cuz it sure sound like it." Nora complained.

"If Salem can't be killed, then how are we supposed to win this?" Ren asked.

"We can't kill Salem, that's an undeniable fact. But that doesn't mean we can't stop her." Night tells the group.

"That's right. We talk about killing her, but we didn't think about just stopping her." Dragon said to the group, bringing down the surrounding tension.

"Oh yeah? So what's your plan?" Jaune asked Night, still pissed off. Everyone looked at the young man who did not answer.

"Wow. Great plan." Jaune said to him wryly.

"Because do you really think that because I bring up a possibility, I immediately have a plan? Sorry if I don't, but I can't always be the one to get others out of trouble!" Night responds aggressively to him.

"Because you consider that you saved us, in Haven? You just about sent your sister to the morgue!" Jaune reproaches him.

"If I hadn't stopped you from confronting Cinder, by now you'd be the one in the morgue, you goddamn schmuck!" Night replies to Jaune as he gets up from the chair.

"Night! Jaune! That's enough!" Krystal tells them.

"Forget it, you're not going to calm them down." Emerald said as she placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Excuse me! I forgot that you were stronger than everyone else! I had forgotten that you were worthy of a superhero! But you don't have the honor of a huntsman! You joined Beacon just to avoid going to jail!" Jaune reproaches the young man.

"You're talking to me about honor!? When you lie on your transcripts to being accepted into Beacon, the best thing to do, is shut the fuck up!" Night reproaches the young blond man.

"You're just a psycho freak obsessed with revenge! And you're not fucking denying it!" Jaune yells at him.

"Of course I don't!  It's undeniable! I'm sorry I wasn't lucky enough to have a peaceful childhood like yours! As long that I know, it wasn't your house that went up in smoke and it wasn't your parents that died because of Cinder!" Night replied.

"Let's talk about her! Let's talk about Cinder! You're just following us because you want to kill her!" Jaune reproaches him.

"You want her dead too for what she did to your girlfriend!" Night replied. Jaune throws himself on Night and slams him against the wall.

"Jaune!" Blake yells.

"PYRRHA WASN'T MY GIRLFRIEND!" Jaune yells.

"DON'T MAKE ME THINK YOU WERE JUST TEAMMATES!" Night yells back. A hush intervened.

"You could tell you loved Pyrrha. You had a crush on her. But you seem to forget that she was our friend, too... And you blame Cinder as much as I do, whatever the reasons! So don't make me think you don't want to kill her!" Night said coldly to the young blond man.