Chapter 13: Forever Fall

(Salem Manor, Narrator's POV)

Mercury was locked in his room, sitting on the side of his bed. Emerald's betrayal affected him a lot and he only wanted to take revenge on her, her friends and her brother. These kinds of thoughts haunted Mercury's mind.

"Emerald... Little bitch..." He growled.

"Well... Something in your mind, kid?" A voice said to Mercury, who turned around. Tyrian entered the room. Mercury gets up from his bed.

"What do you want, freak?" Mercury growls.

"Well... I felt some very negative vibes coming from your room. Do you want to kill Emerald?" Tyrian asks him slyly as he slowly approaches him.

"Would you help me?" The young man asks her.

"Oh no, no. That would be betraying the Queen. She didn't order you to go and kill that traitor. If you go without her knowing, it will end very badly for you." Tyrian replies.

"Does Mercury have anything to say to me?" A husky voice asked. Tyrian turned around and saw Salem standing in the doorway.

"Oh my Queen... Uh, well..." Tyrian sputters.

"I wish you would allow me to go kill Emerald." Mercury asks her.

"Excuse me?" Salem asks him, doubtful.

"I'm asking you to let me go kill Emerald, please." Mercury repeats.

"In light of what happened in Haven, I doubt you have the skills to kill Emerald, especially if her brother stands between you and her. But if that's what you want, go ahead, but don't beg Night Sustrai if he's about to kill you." Salem replies coldly to her before leaving.

(Argus, Narrator's POV)

Everyone went out, looking for Oscar. Team RWBY went one way, Team JNR went another, and Team KNRD split up. Night and Dragon on one side, Krystal, Resare and Emerald on the other. Night and Dragon had just searched a good part of the city and Night contacted Emerald via his Scroll.

"So? How does it look from your end?" The young man asks his sister.

"Nothing. We still haven't found him." Emerald replied.

"It's not possible! He couldn't have gone far, he has to be in town!" Dragon exclaims.

"I agree. If he leaves Argus, he would die in the cold." Emerald replied.

"Well, we're going to keep going on our tour, and if we hear anything new, we'll call you back, okay?" Night said to her sister.

"No problem. See you later." Emerald replied to his brother before ending the call. Night tucks his Scroll into his pocket.

"Seriously... Where could he have gone?" Dragon asks.

"I don't know any more than you do." Night replies to him. Dragon sighs.

"We've been looking for it for hours... I need a break." The faunus complains.

"Coffee?" Night suggests.

"Gladly." Dragon replied.

The duo left for a café, not far from a park. They passed the JNR team coming out of the park in question.

"Oh, hi!" Jaune greets the duo.

"Didn't you find anything on your end?" Night asks.

"No. Sorry. We did what we could, but we didn't find anything." The blond answered him.