Chapter 10: The northern coastline

(Night's POV)

"Come on, hurry up! The streetcar is about to leave!" Nora yells at us. Dragon offered us a tour of the city, but he said it would be faster to do it on the streetcar. We ran to the streetcar and got on, but it left before Emerald had time to get on.

"Come on! You can do it! Grab my hand!" Dragon shouted to her as he held out his arm, which she grabbed before being hoisted aboard

"A little more, and we'd be leaving without you!" Krystal scoffs.

"That's okay. There are several streetcars here, and they all follow the same track. She would have just had to wait five minutes." Jaune told us as she leaned against the rail at the back of the streetcar. We were looking at the city and it was much bigger than we could have imagined.

"Holy shit... I had no idea Agrus would be so big." Emerald said, surprised.

"it's actually one of the largest non-capital cities in all of Remnant." Ren tells her.

"No way!" Ruby exclaimed. "But wait, wouldn't it be hard to settle something that big away from the main kingdom?" She asked.

"Well, it was, until Mantle showed up." Jaune responded.

"Well, they did a great job." I commented.

"Early settlement attempts by Mistral didn't well, but colonists from Mantle were able to help them brave the cold climate and return for goods that Solitas couldn't provide." Jaune explain before Ren spoke.

"The two nations worked together to create a hybrid city. While it still falls under Mistral domain, Atlas keeps a military presence here to helpthe people safe and to keep trade between the two nations steady." He explained.

"Well, until recently." Nora told us

"I guess what happened at Beacon couldn't have helped much." I said.

"Indeed." Dragon replied. "Since Atlesian robots have been attacking civilians and students, it has created some tension with the other kingdoms." He told me.

"Some guys are even saying that what happened at Beacon was a setup by Atlas. But you know as well as I do that this 'theory' is a load of crap, and we can all attest to that." Resare told us. "Well, except for them." She added, referring to Maria and Oscar.

"I don't know what's worse: That this theory exists or that there are idiots who believe it?" I told them. The streetcar stopped.

"We get off here." Ren told us. Emerald went down first to help Maria down, then the rest of the group followed.

"We should probably start looking for a ship." Blake told us.

"Good idea." Emerald replied.

"So, where have you guys been staying?" Oscar asked. The streetcar left, revealing a young woman carrying a toddler.

"There you are!" She called to us before waving.

"Who is she?" Emerald asked.

"Hey, Saph." Jaune replied shyly.

" She's your sister?" I asked him.

"Uh, yeah..." He replied, embarrassed. She approached us.

"There are more of you than last time!" She told us.

"We got here, in the meantime." I told her. She giggled

"My name is Saphron." She introduced herself by holding out her hand to me.

"Night." I introduced myself by shaking her hand. "And this is my sister: Emerald." I introduced her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Saphron." She told her as she shook her hand.