Chapter 11: Cordovin the she-devil

(Night's POV)

The two soldiers closed the gate in our face, and this displeased Yang, who shook the bars.

"Come on! You didn't even hear us out!" She complained.

"Our orders are clear! The Mistral-Atlas border is closed!" One of the soldiers replied. "Please!" He began.

"Have a good day!" The other adds.

"But..."

"A good day" the two morons interrupts Yang before Qrow speaks up.

"Hey, if you don't wanna believe that I'm friends with Ironwood..."

"General Ironwood!" The soldiers interrupted him. They were starting to break me down hard!

"Yeah, General Ironwood, then fine. But look, we have Weiss Schnee with us and we're trying to get her home safely." Qrow told them. The two soldiers exchanged a look before looking at Weiss.

"Approach!" They ordered her. Weiss looked at us before approaching the gate. The soldiers did the same before leaning over to her and glaring at her.

"All very well!" The two soldiers said in unison.

"You may speak with our commanding officer!" The soldier on the left told us.

"We will fetch her at once!" The one on the right told us. The two turned around and walked away.

"Hup! Hup! Hup! Hup! Hup! Hup! Hup! Hup! Hup! Atlas! Atlas! Atlas!" They say as they leave. What did I just see there?

"They were kind of..." Blake begins.

"Weird?" Emerald asks.

"They're not weird, they're dumb. And these ones shouldn't be beaten, if we dumbed them down any more, they'd go into the record books." I added, completely jaded. We saw Maria thinking.

"What's wrong?" Oscar asks her.

"Well, I...may know this commanding officer." She tells us.

"That's good isn't it? If she's your friend, then maybe she'd be more willing to help us." Ruby asks her.

"I wouldn't exactly call us... friends..." Maria replied

"Acquantances?" Weiss asks.

"Not quite." Maria replies.

"Colleagues?" Blake asks.

"Warmer." Maria responds to her.

"Enemies?" Yang asks.

"That's the one!" Maria answers her.

"We're fucked up..." Emerald sighed.

"I come through here about once every ten years to get my eyes checked in Atlas. You bring outside cashews on ONE FLIGHT, and suddenly you're placed on the additional screening list for life!" Maria told us.

"You've gotta be kidding me." Qrow told her

"Now, now. Let's not give up hope yet." Maria says to us, letting a silence linger for a few seconds. 

"Maybe she's dead." She told us before flashing a proud smile. We were all jaded. Suddenly the gates opened suddenly and the two jerks came back.

"Introducing!" The first soldier tells us.

"Special operative..." The other says.

"Caroline Cordovin!" The two said in unison. We saw the commander arrive, and she was very small, even Ruby was taller than her. We saw Corodvin approaching Maria.