To Die - Neveryday Life

♪ Reminiscence ~ KG 8 Case - Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth ♪

(Day 5)

(Y/N POV)

(12:11 p.m.)

...I could feel it from almost everyone in the room. The misery and sorrow that was just as evident on their faces as it was from their hearts. That must have been what was holding back their ability to even speak, knowing what we now know...and yet, coming from so many people around me, that feeling itself was trying to gnaw away at my very soul, despite not a word being said. It's understandable they feel that way though. I don't want to meet the person that would feel absolutely nothing from this. That would feel nothing from...sacrificing others for your own survival. Of course, this wasn't the worst part, *that* was still to come. But before that happens...

Y/N: "If you would please, Sakura."

Sakura: "Mmm. I've been giving information to the one who's imprisoned you all here. It was our first night in this strange school that Monokuma came to see me, to demand this of me...you see, the mastermind took control of my family's dojo, and demanded I become their tool."

Wait, this happened the *first* night we were here? I mean, that makes sense in regards to the regret that Sakura had. We had talked the day before we had been presented with those videos after all, but still, how? How could the mastermind take control of her family dojo so soon after we had arrived here? That doesn't seem possible...then again, it wasn't just her dojo either, was it? What of my loved ones? And whatever happened to everyone else's for that matter? Quite a bit of work to do in one day...

Leon: "Your family's...dojo?"

Sakura: "You might not see the importance of a dojo, but my family has watched over it for over 300 years. I couldn't let it be destroyed under my watch. No matter what it took, I had to protect it."

Makoto: "...no matter what..."

Sakura: "That's how I saw things...however, that was my greatest weakness. Because of that, I made the mistake of giving in to the mastermind. And what they wanted from me was nothing less...than murder."

Kyoko: "They must have been worried that until a murder happened, nothing would move forward. So the mastermind enlisted you as their backup plan by holding your family dojo hostage."

Sayaka: "..."

Sakura: "It's as you say. I was to keep tabs on you all, let the mastermind know any information that would endanger their plan, and wait until commanded to move the killing game forward."

Byakuya: "To kill someone if we had reached a stalemate. I see...but then, that's not necessarily what happened either, is it?"

Celeste: "In what regard?"

Byakuya: "Despite being commanded to kill, she made the choice all on her own, according to the mastermind. Surely they wouldn't have appeared before Sakura while she was together with Hina that night. That would have exposed Sakura's treachery. Only after the deed was done would the mastermind's cooperation have come into play, appearing to assist her in return for her efforts and telling her that no one occupied Y/N's room at the time. Hmph, it's appalling really."

Hifumi: "Appalling...?"

Byakuya: "This game should be fair to all players. The existence of a spy for the mastermind upsets that balance."