Neveryday Despair in our Everyday Lives

(Welcome back, readers! [Finally, Ikr?] So, I've been trying to decide on whether or not to jump into the next arc's investigation right away or focus on the aftermath of the trial for the first arc. I went with the latter, for several reasons which should become apparent. One reason I'll say ahead of time - it's about time our reader character keep a certain promise. Apologies for the delay, and enjoy.)

♪ DSO_Despair Syndrome - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls ♪

(Day 5)

(Makoto POV)

(8:08 p.m.)

...it had been several hours since the trail for Hina's murder. When we left the 'trial grounds' by taking the elevator back up, Taka had suggested that we all meet back up at the dining hall around 8:00. I imagine he suggested that time because we all needed time on our own, to sort out how we were feeling after that ordeal, at least, that's how I tried to use my time. Like me, some of the others had gone their separate ways after the trial, while some didn't want to be alone and stuck together. Whatever everyone decided on, none of us had any real idea how to deal with this nightmare turned reality. Now that we're all here...

"..."

"..."

...surprise surprise, that's still the case.

Of course it is. Two of our friends are dead, one of which we were forced to watch be executed. Not only that, but we're *still* trapped in here, and with everything else that happened last night...suspecting, betraying, and killing each other...are we really supposed to just accept that all of this insanity is the new normal in our lives? Why do we even have to do this? How *long* do we have to do this for? I just...I don't know...I told myself that I could do this, that I could be strong for everyone, selfless, supportive, hopeful...but can I really do that?

Sayaka: "..."

It certainly didn't work with Sayaka...

(FLASHBACK)

Sayaka: "Makoto, I...I'm so sorry..."

Makoto: "Sorry? For what?"

Sayaka: "For using you...for being so selfish and betraying your trust, for...f-for..."

Makoto: "...Sayaka...?"

Kyoko: "...so I was right. When I found the nameplates of your's and Makoto's rooms had been switched earlier this morning, I knew something was amiss. Of course, I didn't know that Y/N was involved until Hina had been found in his room. If he's not responsible for what happened to her, he must have been somewhere else."

Sayaka: "Somewhere else being...my room..."

Kyoko: "...yes."

Our nameplates were switched? Who could have done that? ...no, I already know that answer. Only me and Sayaka would even know to do something like that, and I can't think of a reason Y/N would, even if he knew about the room swap too. There wouldn't be any reason for anyone else to switch them either...but why would she do that...?

Sayaka: "...I don't know how much time we have before the trial, but...I'll tell you. I'll tell you everything. You...you both deserve to know..."