Chapter 3 - Weak Willed Souls Seldom Strive (Daily Life)

Akihiko: "...Mm... Huh?"

[Akihiko opens his eyes and looks around, and soon realizes he's in the main hall of the school.]

Akihiko: "...The main hall? ...Wait... This is happening again."

[Suddenly, the ground beneath him erupts into flames, confirming his suspicions.]

Asami: "Yes, you're here again, peasant. It seems you're growing rather used to this."

[Akihiko turns around and sees Yudai and Asami standing there.]

Akihiko: "...This dream again. Why does this keep happening?"

Yudai: "Guilt, I guess. Or, at least, that's what you think, isn't it?"

Akihiko: "..."

Asami: "Don't look so surprised, fool. We aren't real, and you know that. We're part of your dream."

Akihiko: "Yeah, I know..."

Yudai: "So. Two more people died, huh? And you didn't do anything to stop them."

Akihiko: "I... What was I supposed to do? Ryo killed her when everyone was asleep... At least I found out who killed her! If Ryo succeeded, everyone woulda died... That's all I can do."

Asami: "Hmph. If you're powerless, why don't you just die, then?"

Akihiko: "I..."

Yudai: "...Murderers don't deserve freedom. This Game can at least act as a bit of solace for us, since we can't take our own revenge."

Akihiko: "I know... I know... Ugh, why... Why did I kill you two...? I don't remember why..."

Asami: "...You don't remember, hm?"

Akihiko: "No, I don't. Like, my motive is completely gone from my memory, I don't-"

[Suddenly, Akihiko feels a shock in his head. It's a feeling hard to describe, almost like his brain just brought something up from it's depths.]

Asami: "...The M.A.D."

Akihiko: "...The... M.A.D...?"

Asami: "Hmph. So you don't even remember that... My work... The M.A.D..."

[Before Asami can continue speaking, everything begins to slowly fade.]

Akihiko: "Wha... Huh? Wait, I don't get it! What does that mean...?"

[Before anyone can answer him, Akihiko is awoken by an all too familiar voice.]

TV (Muna): "Ahem... Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m., which means it's morning!"

Tv (Lios): "Wakey-wakey, it's time for a new day of the Killing Game! Hop to it!"

[The TV flickers off. Akihiko groggily sits up, the gears in his brain grinding more than ever.]

Akihiko: "...M.A.D... What does it mean...?"

?"