Fifteen

Demi Carson - Downtown AtlantaMay 26th, 2021 6:35 am

May 26th, 2021 6:35 am

Walking around my store, I was impressed with the improvements i've made. Deciding to bring in two new managers I had to make sure my store still run smooth as possible. I'll be gone for 3 months so I wanted to leave my store as if I was still running it. I even decided to bring three of my associates along to help me get this New York store at it's best.

Packing a few things away in my office that will be locked while I am away, I made my way to the conjoining office I just had built in for the new managers Karson and Anita. Both had amazing resume's and I just knew I needed both. Karson remind me of myself in a lot of ways, she'll bring the girls a fun work environment while still doing her job. Anita on the other hand is much older than me and she has an amazing work ethic. She's all about her work and she's shown me that since I hired her. I just hope I wasn't making the wrong decision.

Noticing the clock it was now going on 7 and I knew Harlem would be calling soon because Aziyah is usually up by now. And on cue my phone started to ring. Chuckling to myself I answered the phone to see my baby girl smiling while Harlem had his hand covering his eyes.

"Hi mommy! Daddy said you had to work early" Aziyah said.

"Hi Gianna! And yes mommy had to work early but I should be home in a few hours go brush your teeth and wash your face" I smiled at her.

"Okay mommy here daddy, mommy said get up and brush your teeth and wash your face" Aziyah said before handing him the phone.

"Your daughter is driving me crazy already. But you know I hate you being in the store by yourself this early" Harlem said into the phone.

"I know baby but we leave in a few days and I just need to make sure everything is good. Karson is usually here by 7:15 so I won't be alone for long" I smiled at him.

We talked until he heard Karson come into the store and greet me. Harlem have always been over protective of me and Aziyah.

"Girl please take me to New York I need a break from here" Karson plopped down on my office couch. "You and Harlem ain't never do nothing here right?" she looked down.

"No Karson we haven't broke my office in yet, and you really want to go?" I asked.

"Uh yes. I'm strictly on business I promise plus you know me and Anita bump heads" She laid there with her eyes closed.

"Ugh okay Karson if you come to New York you have to oversee the girls in the airbnb I rented for them" I said.

"Oversee? Girl them bitches is grown except our little baby Mia her young ass" Karson laughed. "But it's Mia, Jasmine and who?" she asked.

"Olivia" I looked at her.

"Mmm ok, I'll sleep on it. I have time for a 22 minute nap" Karson checked her watch.