Chapter 28

"Everything Has Changed"
- Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran

A week after Steve fully wakes up from his coma he's finally cleared to leave the hospital. The super soldier serum in his body definitely helped the recovery process, healing him quicker than the normal rate and now we're both finally home for the first time since all of this happened.

But in that week he was awake, I spent most of the time next to him. So naturally there was a lot more kissing, touching, teasing, and ultimately disappointment when we were either interrupted, or I stopped it because I was worried about hurting Steve.

So obviously since the doctor's cleared him, the second we get home Steve tries to drag me to his room and make good with his promise. And as tempting as it is to let him, Olivia did tell me that he should still be careful and try not to do anything too straining. So I have to calm him down because I'm sure what he is planning is a full on workout. Not to mention the fact that everyone has planned a welcome home party for him so as soon as we land we have to go and get ready for guests who will be arriving very soon.

I hear a knock on my bedroom door, and I peek out of my bathroom where I'm doing my hair and makeup, but don't fully come out, considering I'm still in my towel after taking a shower.

"Nat?" I ask, hoping it's her and not the person I specifically asked to stay away until the party.

I hear a slight thump of what I'm assuming is a head against the door.

"It's me." a voice says, and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Steve." I say as I let out a deep breath. When we got here I told him we needed to shower and get ready in separate rooms, otherwise I knew we would get caught up doing other things and we would never get to the party, which of course is for Steve so he needs to be there.

I put a robe on to cover myself up more and rush over worried he's going to get caught, before remembering we don't have to worry about that anymore. It's definitely going to take some getting used to.

I open the door and see Steve slouched against it, dressed in some sweats and a t-shirt, with his slacks and dress shirt in his hand. He gives me a guilty look, already knowing he's going to be in trouble for disobeying me.

"Seriously?" I ask, as I give him a scolding look.

He pouts his lips and gives me his best puppy dog eyes. "I missed you."

And in a second my heart completely melts and I forget why I was ever upset.

"You're so fucking cute!" I say as I reach forward and grab his arm, pulling him in. He chuckles as he gets closer, immediately putting his hand on my cheek and leaning in to press his lips against mine.

"I'm sorry." he says as he pulls away. "But after a week of having you literally at my side all day and night, I'm having withdrawals."

I shake my head at him but still can't help sliding my hand behind his neck and pulling him down to me again. And it isn't long before I feel his hands squeezing my hips as his tongue starts to slip in between my lips.

I put up a forcefield against his chest in order to push him back, knowing we're about three seconds from taking things too far.

"You're not breaking me that easily Rogers." I say as I start backing away from him. "You can change out here, I'll change in the bathroom."

He gives me an annoyed look as I head into the bathroom and close the door, locking it just in case he tries anything.

Not ten seconds after I take off my robe and drop my towel, I hear Steve try to turn the doorknob.