Chapter 13

"Girl Crush" - Little Big Town

"Nat, we're running late. Are you almost ready?" I yell out to the closed bathroom door.

I'm sitting on my bed, leaning back on my hands as I wait for Nat to finish getting dressed for the party. I'm still in my pajamas because she insisted we get changed one at a time and that she went first.

My hair and make-up are already done, Nat having taken care of that for the both of us. Now we just need to get dressed.

I genuinely considered not going to this thing tonight. But Tony was nice enough to snitch on me to Nat and tell her that she needed to make sure I go to the party. She texted me to get in the shower, then showed up to my room before I was even out, with all her supplies. She then chewed me out for trying to leave, then comforted me about the feelings I was having, all while doing my hair and make-up. I never once was given a chance to try and get out of this so now, I'm sitting here just waiting for her to come out of the bathroom.

The door finally opens up and I'm about to make some sarcastic comment, but the words get stuck in my mouth as I catch sight of Nat.

Now, we went shopping together for these dresses, but seeing her with the full outfit, hair, shoes and make-up, my mouth falls open.

Her dress is a blood red halter that loosens up as it gets lower. She paired it with black heels and light make-up, with soft red lips, and her hair is pinned up at the sides and slightly curled at the ends. She looks absolutely stunning.

"Nat..." I say, completely at a loss for words.

She smiles. "I'll take that as a sign that I look okay?"

Okay? Is she serious?

"Okay is nowhere close. Nat, you look amazing." I say. "I actually feel better about tonight because now no one will be looking at me."

She gives me a suspicious smile. "I don't know if that's true. I can guarantee that at least one person will have their eyes on you."

She's clearly insinuating something and I'm worried as to what she knows. But if she wanted to tell me, she would have. She's being purposefully playful so I guess I'll find out later.

"It's your turn." she says as she grabs my dress that's hanging on my door and brings it to me. I take a deep sigh as she holds it out to me.

"I don't know about this dress anymore Nat." I say as I hesitantly take it.

"Why? You bought it." she says.

"Because you told me to." I argue back.

"Because you look amazing in it." she says as she starts to push me towards the bathroom. She grabs one of the bags she brought with her and holds it out to me along with the heels she helped me pick out.

"What's this?" I ask, referring to the bag.

She gives me a sly grin. "It's for you to put on with the dress."

"Nat..." I say, starting to get a little suspicious.

"Don't ask questions just put it on." she says, fully pushing me into the bathroom and closing the door.

I start to panic and I hang up the dress and put down the heels. I open up the bag and then immediately close it.

"Natasha Romanoff!" I yell out in shock that she got this for me. I hear her start laughing on the other side of the door.

"Just put it on Connors!" she yells back.

I hesitantly open the bag again and start pulling out the bra and panty set. It's a strapless push up bra and black lace underwear, definitely not something I would have bought myself and I'm freaking out at the thought of wearing it. But I know Nat is not going to let me leave here if I don't have it on so I shake away any insecurities and start strippping so I can change into all of this. Once I have the underwear and bra on I slip on the dress and step into the black heels, which would normally be a little too high for me but I trusted Nat when she chose them. I look at myself in the mirror and try to let my mind admit to myself that...I don't look half bad. My hair is in soft curls and my makeup is also pretty simple, except for the red lipstick Nat insisted I needed to wear. The dress is a black with short off the shoulder straps. It's form fitting but not skin tight and it lands a few inches above my knee, which is a little short for my taste. But what really has me squirming is the slit on one side of the dress that runs up almost my entire leg. I've never worn anything like this before and it's making me nervous.