Chapter 6

Kara wakes up in a tangle of limbs between hers and Alex's. The bed can hardly fit the two of them anymore but it's still nice to be reminded of how Alex cared for her even when she was a bratty little alien.

She carefully extricates herself from Alex and steps out to start her day. She walks downstairs to see a note in the kitchen counter top from Eliza
'Emergency at hospital. Back by dinner. Enjoy your dinner with your friend Kara.
Love,
Mom'

Since Alex is still asleep, Kara decides to do something nice for Alex. She goes back up to her room to dig out her foreign currency stack that she keeps in secret and sneaks out to the woods behind her house. Once she is deep enough she covers her face with a masks that Alex has for her high school prom masquerade ball and takes off into the sky. She takes off her masks as she lands in Paris and walks into the shop to buys the best croissant and eclairs that she knows is available. Then she walks to the back alley and puts on her masks again before taking off into the sky.

She lands in the woods behind her house and superspeeds to the edge of the wood before casually strolling back to her house. She puts the mask and foreign back into her cupboard and went back into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee for Alex and hot chocolate for herself. She divides the croissants and eclair. One of each for Alex, Lena and Eliza. And 3 of each fr herself. She puts Lena and Eliza's into a box and left it on kitchen counter. Hers and Alex's onto separate plates. She puts both plates and both mugs on a tray and carefully floats up the stairs because it is easier to float up than to walk up with two mugs of hot drinks. She floats into the room and puts the tray at the side table.

Alex turns a little and mumbles "Coffee". Kara chuckles and shakes Alex awake.
"Yes Alex. Coffee and breakfast in bed. Though it is more of brunch now considering is 11."

Alex sits up and rubs her eyes and reaches for the coffee. Kara slaps her hand off and says
"What kind of future doctor doesn't brush before they eat breakfast?"

"The kind who is a medical doctor and not a dentist" Alex retorts while walking out of the room to the bathroom.

She comes back a few minutes later looking refreshed and ready for breakfast. She sees the croissant and eclair on the page and her eyes widens. "Is this what I think it is?"

"Yes it is Alex" Kara smiles sheepishly.

Alex grabs the plate excitedly and picks up the croissant. She freezes before she takes a bite and puts the croissant back onto the plate. She eyes Kara warily and asks "What did you do?"

"Nothing. I didn't do anything".

"Then what do you want from me?" From Alex's experience, delicacies from around the world are always to make up for something Kara has done or to persuade Alex to do something for her.

"Nothing. I promise. I am just glad to have you as my sister. I wanted to do something nice for you. Just enjoy your breakfast Alex"

"Thanks Kara. You didn't have to but I'm glad you did." Alex takes a bite out of the croissant and chats with Kara casually on her plans for the day and asks Kara about where she plans to take Lena for dinner.

At that question Kara pales. She is so excited for dinner with Lena, she forgot the details of it. What would Lena like to eat. Does she need to make a reservation? Would Lena mind that the place she normally eats in is not as fancy as that Italian restaurant?

Realising her sister is panicking, Alex assures her "Hey Kara. It's okay. Just text her now and ask what she wants for dinner."

Kara freezes at that and mumbles something incoherent. "What?" Alex asks.

"I don't have her number" Kara says a little louder this time.

"After meeting her for four times, you didn't ask for her number? Kara, what is is with her that makes you stupid and forgetful?"

Kara is silent at that.

"Sorry I didn't mean it that way. Don't worry about it. Why don't you bring her to the Chinese place that we like? There's a variety  of food and they have potstickers there"

At the mention of potstickers, Kara brightens up. "Sure. That's a good idea. It has a nice environment and I can make a reservation with Mrs Chang." Kara quickly dials the restaurant and requests for a private booth for two.

Kara continues chatting with Alex as they finished their breakfast and move downstairs to load the dishwasher.

"Why are there two boxes of pastries on the kitchen counter?"

"One for Eliza and one for Lena" Kara answers while she loads the dishwasher.

"Kara. How are you going to explain to Lena that this is from Paris?"

'Alex is smart and sharp. She really should be a detective'. Kara haven't even thought about how to explain to Lena.

"Help me think of something please Alex?" Kara begs

"I don't know. Tell her Jeremiah came back from her medical convention and brought it back?"

"Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I love you so much."

"Again what's with Lena that makes you stupid and forgetful. Please remember to ask for her number this time" Alex says pressing the bridge of her nose to alleviate her headache that Kara is causing.