Chapter 17

Time flies after Alex goes back to National City with final exams and stress eating of potstickers, Kara finally piles up all her book in a corner. Ready to burn them with heat vision since she won't be needing them anymore. She's never going to be a doctor. That's for sure!

Kara realises that she has sort of ghosted Lena. Kara decides to start with her next plan of courting Lena for real.

Alien: Any Friday night plans today? Can I take you out for dinner?

Genius: Hey. I thought you went back to your home planet. Haven't heard from you for so long.

Kara's heart cracks a little at that. There is no home planet, just debris of what is left if it. Kara and Kal are the last kryptonians. Her family clearly didn't think this through. She's related to Kal, there's no way they create the next generation of pure Kryptonian. Krytonians will definitely be extinct after them. She feels another pang of sadness in her heart but decides to focus on her plan.

Alien: Dinner tonight? You didn't answer.

Genius: Sam and I are having Thai food in. Feel free to join us. Ruby wouldn't shut up about Aunt Kara. 🤦🏻‍♀️. Let me know what time I should send John over to pick you up. FYI, John also wouldn't shut up about you.

Alien: I'll be ready in 30 minutes.

In exactly 30 minutes, John stops in front of her house. She leaves a note informing Eliza that she's having dinner at Lena's. The journey to Lena's house is filled with casual conversation with John about his life and family.

Kara waves goodbye to John after John conveys message to the young man at the lobby. Kara takes the elevator up and walks towards her panda slippers and rainbow socks. She notices that no one has stepped out to welcome her, not that she needs welcoming but she's still a guest.

She could hear Lena's steady heartbeat in her room though, so she sits at the couch and waits for either Lena or Sam. The elevator dings and Sam walks out with Ruby stopping by to change into their slippers before greeting Kara. Ruby jumps into Kara's arms the moment she notices her and starts telling Kara about another kid in her kindergarten whose name is also Kara with a C but is very mean.

Saying she is good with kids is an understatement. Ruby adores Kara, wouldn't stop talking to her while the three of them sets up the table for dinner.

Lena walks out of her room clad in  a black sweater with leggings hugging onto her hips. Kara is taken aback by Lena's beauty even though she is in casual clothes. Kara blames it on the fact that she hasn't seen Lena for over a week.

"No, mother. I don't ghink that's necessary, mother. I'll try my best. Good bye mother." Kara hears Lena hangs up the phone and throws it across the room.

Kara superspeeds to catch the phone before it hits the wall. Lena not having a phone will definitely interfere with Kara's plans of courting her.

"Whoa.... You're so fast! You know if you would have done that on the night we were drinking we would have trusted you instantly." Sam says when Kara dashes off.

"What does mommy dearest want?" Sam continues to ask Lena.

"Parade me around and letting old drunk men attempt to grab some part of me. Luthor Corp annual gala next month. Lillian wants all Luthors to be present."

Lena walks over to Kara and hugs her "I missed you stranger. Thanks for saving my phone. Would be a pain to get a replacement." Kara return Lena's hug tightly and inhales Lena's scent. Why does she smell so nice?

The sound of Sam clearing her throat makes Kara jumps back from Lena and blushes profusely. Kara looks down and starts adjusting her glasses. They sat down for dinner with Ruby having fried chicken wings while the rest of them digs into some spicy curry and rice.