Chapter 12

They clean up their dinner boxes sits at the sofa to continue talking to each other. Coversation flows easily about everything and nothing including Ruby's funny moments, Kara's school, Lena and Sam's boarding school moments. At around 9.30pm Sam excuses herself and bids both of them goodnight and a "See you next week Kara".

Now that it is just Lena and Kara left in the living room, the tension seems to be a little higher and the atmosphere a little heavier.
"I hope you enjoyed tonight and you finally met both my housemates" Lena starts after a minute of silence.

"Sam and Ruby are lovely. I'm glad to meet them. Thanks for having me over and dinner."

"You're always welcome to join us on Sundays. We'll see how many weeks your excitement for 'building a snowman' will last with Ruby". Lena teases with her hands doing the air quotation sign.

"Thanks again. I should get going. Eliza and Alex will be worried again if I get home too late."

"John is already waiting downstairs to send you home. Let me walk you to the elevator." Lena offers.

Kara changes into her boots and puts her panda slippers and rainbow socks onto a separate shelf and walks towards the elevator. Standing in front of the elevator, unsure of protocol in this situation. Does she go for a kiss on the cheek, a handshake, or a wave goodbye.

Lena decides for Kara when she leans in and wraps her arm around Kara's waist. Kara's body responded by wrapping her arms around the raven beauty. Lena's head pressing against Kara's cheek. Kara turns her head slightly and inhales deeply breathing in Lena's scent.

Lena plants a kiss on Kara's cheek while she untangle herself. "Text me when you are home, Kara. Goodbye"
"I will. Goodbye Lena. Thanks for everything" Kara says as she steps into the elevator.

Kara sits in the car looking out the window and processes everything that happened tonight. It's honestly one of the best nights she has had. The drive home is mostly in silence and she's thankful for it. She needed it to replay all the moments that she enjoyed and carve it into her memory.

She thanks John as she walks into her house. She whips out her phone to drop Lena a text for arriving home safely. She received a message before she even manage to send a text to Lena.

Genius: Glad to know you made it home safe.

Stalker: Are you stalking me? Is John your mole?

Genius: John is my employee. But no. He did not betray you. Technology called built-in GPS did.

Stalker: Is my name still Stalker in your phone? Can I change my name back to Kara. You said you'll think about it.

Genius: I thought about it. I've decided to change your name to Sniffer

Sniffer: What is with the funny names?! I'm not a stalker and I'm not a sniffer! 😡

Genius: Alright then. Did you or did you not sniff me before you left tonight?

Crap. How did she realise. I was being so subtle.

Sniffer: Uhhh... 

Genius: I'm still waiting for a response...

Sniffer: You know what. Don't worry about what name you save in your phone. I'm Kara you're Lena. We're friends. That's that!

Genius: Yes, you are Kara Sniffer Danvers.

Genius: Also, next week well talk about how you think Sam or Ruby is my girlfriend. I think it will make interesting conversation.

Sniffer: Must we? I might just combust in flames from embarrassment.