Chapter 14

"Here goes nothing. Lena, I'm an alien"

Lena scoffs so loud that's it's almost disrespectful. "That's the best you can come up with? You lied to me because you're an alien?"

"I am an alien. From another planet. I am not lying now! You want the truth but you won't accept it when I give it to you" Kara's own anger building up, trying to keep her anger in control to not break anything or hurt anyone.

"You're an alien and I am Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons" her voice raises with every title she yells out.

"What the hell guys! Not that I don't enjoy game of thrones, blood and boobs, but there is no need to yell out when Ruby is going to bed. Whatever kink is going on here please do not anger Sam Arias, mother of Ruby" Sam warns the two girls standing in the living room.

"Kara says she's an alien. And I wouldn't be shouting if you didn't let her into our apartment. I can't even be angry in my own space because you let her in" Luthor anger living up to its name lashing out at everyone in vicinity.

"First of all, Lena calm down. I know you are angry, but you are not angry at me. Second of all, I did not let her in. She might have broken in. Third of all, Kara, alien, really? Do we look stupid to you? How did you get in anyway?" Sam stepping in with a calm voice getting the situation under control.

"Yes, first of all, Lena calm down. Second of all, I did not break in, Lena let me in. Third of all, I am really an alien!" Kara doesn't know how to explain any further.

Lena's blood boiling at Kara asking her to calm down. Lies after lies after lies. First lying about Jeremiah, then lying about being an alien, and lying about Lena letting her in. Lena bites her tongue and breathes because she is nothing if not a responsible aunt, she will not wake a sleeping child over a stupid argument.

Sensing her best friend trying to gain control of her Luthor temper before exploding, Sam quickly steps in. "I'm getting all of us a glass of alcohol and we are talking this out. Nobody moves and nobody says a word while I'm gone. This is an order from Sam, mother of Ruby."

Sam's authoritative yet playful tone at the end did bring the atmosphere to a little lighter mode. None of them move a muscle until same came back with a bottle of scotch, a bottle of wine and 2 wine glasses, 2 scotch glasses.

"Mother of Ruby, wine. Mother of Dragons, scotch. What about you alien?"

"Just water. I don't think alcohol affects me. There's no point wasting expensive alcohol on me."

"Right. Because you're an alien." Lena's voice poisonous with sarcasm.

"I am an alien. Why don't you believe me?" Kara raising her voice slightly agitated.

"Maybe because you are a liar. Let's see. About Jeremiah. About alien. And about me letting you into the house!!" Lena's voice raises even higher than Kara.

"Knock it off you both! I don't care if you are mother of dragons or father of elephants. Nobody wakes my daughter up! Am I clear?"

"Yes" both of them looking down avoiding Sam's burning gaze.

"Yes what?" Sam presses on. Honestly she's enjoying this a little too much.

"Yes ma'am" Kara answers while Lena is silent.

"I don't believe that's my title. And I don't think I heard your voice Lena" Sam's piercing gaze almost breaks the Luthor armour. But Lena tries to hold her ground. She's a Luthor after all.