Chapter 18

Kara picks up her phone and sends Lena a text

Alien: I'll pick you up at 5pm tomorrow for our date. Can't wait!!!

Genius: Pick me up with? I'm not flying anywhere.

Alien: It's a surprise. Good night. See you tomorrow Lena. Thanks again!!!! I can't believe you said yes.

Genius: Good night Kara. It's just dinner.

Alien: Dinner DATE!!!!

Lena smiles at that. Lena has a date after all.

___________________________

Kara is wearing an undershirt beneath her button down shirt in hopes to not sweat through the shirt. Kryptonians shouldnt even be sweating on earth. But she sweats a little nonetheless. She's wearing black pants, her best baby blue Oxford shirt and a blazer. She waits for Lena at the lobby feeling all jittery.

The elevator dings and Lena walks out. 'Rao she looks like a goddess' Kara thinks. Wearing a beige casual yet elegant dress down to her knees with 4 inch heels and moderate make up. She wears her hair in a style which her curl flows down her right shoulder like a waterfall and her lips coloured with natural pink lipgloss.

A clicking sound snaps Kara out of her daze and she realises her mouth is hanging. She closes her mouth and turns her attention to the clicking sound.

Sam holding her phone camera and continues to take photo of Kara and Lena's expression. "Ha. Should have seen your own face. Someday I'll sell these back to Luthor for a fortune. Have fun kids. Use protection! Learn from my mistake!" Sam says as she steps back into the elevator.

Kara realises thay she hasn't said a word to Lena. "You look beautiful Lena. You literalkg made me speechless."

"Thanks. You look great too. Very smart. Almost took my breath away." Lena admits admiring how Kara's attire makes her look hot.

Kara stands beside Lena and raises her arm a little. Lena links her arm across Kara's arms indicating the start of their date . Kara opens the door for Lena to step out of the apartment and there is a big black car waiting for them similar to those cars that Lena's family is used to. Can Kara even afford this, Lena feels bad already.

As if textbook definition of chivalry, Kara opens the car door for Lena to get into the backseat and gets in after Lena.
"Good evening Miss Luthor, Miss Danvers"

"John? No wonder the car looks familiar"

"Kara, you pick me up with my own car driven by my employee? How creative of you" Lena is impressed. How did she even get John to agree to this.

"Technically I asked a friend for a favour to drive me and my date to our dinner venue. He happens to work for someone who let's him use the car whenever he wants to"

"Kara is right Miss Luthor. You did give me the day off when I asked if you need me today. Hence, not an active employee of Luthor family for now." John supports Kara's argument.

John is on a first name basis with Kara. Perhaps they are truly friends after all.

"I'll give you both privacy" he says and raises the privacy partition.