Chapter 9

"Kara, we have arrived." John's voice pulls Kara out of her own head.

Kara looks out the window and sees a modern apartment. Doesnt Lena lives in the college dorm?

"John, doesn't Lena live in the college dorm?" Kara decides to asks.

"No, Miss Luthor lives in this building at the penthouse level with Miss Arias and young Miss Arias."

John steps out of the car and opens the door for her. Kara steps out and thanks John.

John walks Kara up to the entrance of the building where he let's the security know that Kara is Miss Luthor's guest.

"Enjoy yourself Kara. I'll be here to send you home when you are ready. Just ask Miss Luthor to give me a call."

Kara notices the young man who works security makes a call and relays some information. Kara assumes it's to let Lena know that she has arrived. She then follows the security to an elevator.

"Miss Danvers. This elevator will bring you directly up to the penthouse level onto Miss Luthor's home."

Kara thanks the young man again and steps into the elevator. Before she could ask which button should she press to get to Lena's floor the elevator closes and start moving upwards.
Crap. What now? Then Kara notices there is no button inside the elevator. There is no way she could press the floor number that she wants. What kind of odd elevator is this? Kara cannot understand this at all.

When the elevator door finally opens, she sees a wide open marble floor with high ceiling. She steps out of the elevator with her eyes flipping everywhere to take in her surrounding.

"Kara is that you?" She hears Lena's voice calls out from further inside of the open bright space she just stepped in. The marble floor looks so expensive that Kara stood still afraid to move and scratch the marble. She might need to float all over the house if the entire house floor is made of this marble.

Lena steps out and closes a door behind him. Kara smiles as she sees Lena and waves a small hello. Kara notices that Lena's sweater is slightly wet with splashes of water and her long sleeves are rolled up to her elbow. Her hands are also wet and she wears a pair of socks and fuzzy slippers walking towards Kara.

"Kara is everything okay? Why are you frozen? Did John pull the trick on you again?" Lena asks genuinely concerned.

"What what? No no.. John didn't do anything. I'm just surprised by your home. And I wasn't too sure if I was going to damage your flooring with my shoes so I stood still" Kara adjusts her glasses while explaining to Lena.

"It's fine. You can walk anywhere. The floor will be fine. Sam and I normally wear fuzzy slippers at home because it's more comfortable and socks because its just funky. We have a couple pair of new slippers and socks for for guests, you can pick one and it will be yours"

Lena leads Kara to a shelf on the right side just right outside the elevator. Kara didn't notice this section because she was too busy being mesmerised by the space and the height of the ceiling. Lena opens a small cabinet showing Kara a variety of fuzzy slippers ranging from plain one which looks like room slippers used in high class hotels, to Disney ones which has mickey mouse designs to cute animal designs such as panda, rabbit, corgi and others.

'A couple pair of new slippers' is an understatement of the century. Kara did a quick look at the shelf and concluded that there are 25 pairs of slippers of different design and colour.

Kara decides to picks a panda slippers because it's white, it's black and it's Asian. Kara is all about inclusiveness. Lena then opens a drawer to show Kara the socks option available. There are more than 25 pairs of socks arranged neatly in the drawer and Kara picks one which is rainbow colour, because she doesn't want why of the colours to feel left out of she didn't choose them.