Chapter 7: Lunch?

Malia

 What you allow is what will continue.

Today was one of those days at work where it was really hectic and I didn't even have a break yet, and it's already 3:25. I had a new client that I was supposed to meet in five minutes, but he came early and I told my secretary Tiana to tell them to wait for me five minutes because I needed to take a minute to myself.

I checked the name on my calender that had all my meetings planned out. All it said was M.I.C. Corp, and they were my last meeting of the day.

Weird.

Why didn't she take their names?

I took a deep breath, looked at myself in the mirror, and made sure I looked good. Then I headed out of my office and went over to the conference room. There was only one person in the room and his back was turned as he was looking outside.

"Hello, sorry to keep you waiting." I greeted him. Once he turned around, my breath hitched.

What in God's name is he doing here?

Jesus he looks fine as hell in a tux.

I shook the thoughts out of my head.

"Hi Malia."

"Mateo?" Don't ask me how I managed to find my voice right now because I'm still in shock.

"How have you been?"

"Um, good and you?"

"I'm better now." He smiled.

Oh I missed that smile.

Miss that smile? You only met him a week ago.

"What are you doing here?" I wondered, ignoring what he had answered.

"My company is in a predicament." He confessed and I ushered him to sit at the table. We took our seats, he was right in front of me, but I wanted him closer.

"You own M.I.C. Corp?"

"CEO mainly, but yeah I own part of it as well." I nodded.

"So, what's this predicament the company's in? How are you involved?"

"What makes you think I'm involved?"

"Something tells me you are. Somehow, maybe not directly, but you are." He gave me a smirk and I felt my panties dampen.

This man you barely know has so much control over you already, that he's got you wet just by smirking at you.

He's one hell of a man.

Get your shit together.

"Well, it's my little brother. He's the wild child of the family and he has gotten into some trouble."

"What kind of trouble?"