Chapter 28: Honeymoon

Mateo

A good mood can be contagious. Be the carrier of light heartedness.

The next day we were headed to Bora Bora for our honeymoon. I still can't believe that I am a married man. This was crazy. It was like it was yesterday, I was still looking for my mate without actually looking for her. Two years later, I married her.

The car pulled up into the private entrance where the private jet was waiting for us to take us to our honeymoon destination.

"Wow this plane is actually beautiful." Malia said as she looked outside the car window.

"It is all ours amore mio." I told her and she smiled.

"Ours. I like the sound of that." She replied.

"So do I, so do I." I said taking her hand in mine. The chauffeur opened the door for us, we thanked him as we got out. We saw a couple of bodyguards standing by the plane, they followed us in their own car. Andrew told us that he will be giving us privacy on this trip, so we had someone to replace him. Someone he recommended who he trusted.

"I still don't understand why we need all these bodyguards." She told me as we walked hand in hand towards the plane.

"Because amore mio, apart from the mating ceremony we had, the wedding put us in a bigger spotlight. Ever since that rogue came up to us, everyone thinks that they can just come up to us whenever they want. I want to keep you protected at all costs." I explained.

"Okay, I guess. If that's what you see fit. I love you for being so caring of me, but I want you to know that I am not a helpless woman." She told me.

"I never said that you were dolcezza and I know that you are more than capable of defending yourself, but these are werewolves we are talking about. Not just some human and on top of that they are rogues, pack mentality and rules they think don't apply to them. They wouldn't care about who you are." I mentioned.

"Yeah, I get it." We were soon in the plane, seated on the couch next to one another. I pulled her into my arms and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Malia, I would lose my goddamn mind if something were to happen to you. No one has seen my full alpha rage, but if something, God forbid, did happen to you. They sure as hell will." I confessed as I gave her a kiss on the top of her head.

"I would too. Lose my mind if something happens to you and it's not easy for me. With you not only being a werewolf, but you being an alpha. Sometimes I feel so helpless. I feel like I can't do anything to protect you." She sighed.

"You are not helpless. You are the alpha's mate. The Luna of the De Luca pack. Trust me you can protect me when time comes. You won't even know what happens." I explained.

"I sure as hell hope so." She replied.

"For now, let's forget about the world and just think about us." I told her. She nodded.

"Let's be in our little bubble." She spoke. I gave her another kiss on the top of her head and we settled in, as the plane took off.

A while later we were in the Faa'a International Airport in Tahiti. We needed to go through customs in order to go on a flight that would take us to Bora Bora International Airport. After we cleared customs, we got another plane. It took us fourty-five minutes to get to the airport.

Finally we had reached our destination. We were staying at the Four Seasons bungalow suites. We got to our one-bedroom Otemanu Overwater suite and I watched as Malia's face grew in awe.