Chapter 29: Surprise!

Malia

A greatful heart is a magnent for miricales.

It's been a year since Mateo and I got married. Everything has been amazing with him. Three-quarters of the pack members have accepted me as being the Luna of their pack even though I am human. Ever since they have gotten to know me and I have proven to them that I am going to have their best intrest at heart and I'll do anything I can to help them.

The rougues have been silent, ever since that time of my date with Mateo. The night I found out the truth about him. They may not be casuing problems now, but we still had our bodyguards and security detail with us everywhere we went.

Mateo was at the packhouse today and I stayed home because I was feeling exhausted. I was nauseous and dizzy. I wasn't feeling like myself today. Teo wanted to stay with me today, not wanting to leave me alone, but I insisted that I was fine and told him that I will see if James would come over and keep me company.

James said he was busy at work, in his defense, I didn't tell him I was sick. He said he'll swing by after he's finished. My phone rang on the nightstand. I reached over and looked at the caller ID. It was Andrea, my sister-in-law.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi, sis-in-law, how are you?" She replied.

"I have been better." I admitted truthfully.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"Not sure, I have been feeling dizzy and nauseous for three days." I responded the line went silent for a minute.

"Dee?" I heard shuffling and then and a loud noise.

"Ow!" She yelled in pain.

"Andrea, what the hell is going on?" I wondered.

"What? Oh nothing, just bumped my leg on my bed. Anyways, I'm coming over. I'll be there in thirty minutes." She replied.

"You don't need too." I suggested.

"None sense, you are my brother's wife and like a sister to me. I'm coming over, no more debating." She demanded.

"Okay." I let out a small sigh.

The whole De Luca family is like this.

Except his mother, Emily.

We hung up the call and I laid back down on the bed. I didn't realize that I had fallen asleep until I heard the doorbell ring which caused me to jump up. I checked the application of our security system on my phone and saw that it was Andrea and Sofia, who were waiting outside.

I put on my robe and headed downstairs to the front door. I unlocked it and opened.

"Hello." Sofia greeted me with a huge smile.

"Hi." I greeted back softly, trying to ignore the tossing of my stomach.

"She insisted that she wanted to come with me to check on you." Andrea explained as I let them in. She was holding a bag from the pharmacy.

"What's in the bag?" I asked her.

"Oh, right. Here." She answered, handing the bag over to me. I took it and looked inside to find four pregnancy tests.

"You think I'm pregnant?" I questioned looking at them.

"Yeah, you could be." Sofia replied for the both of them.

"Can't you like hear the heartbeat?" I wondered.

"We can, if we focus really hard, but we figured that you would want to go through the whole pregnancy test thing." Andrea explained.