Chapter 11: Feelings

Malia

Overthinking is the biggest cause of unhappiness.

It's been two months since the dinner date at 71Above. That means it has been two months since Mateo and I went on dates. Nothing is official as far as labels go, but we don't see anyone else. The feelings I have felt for him have only intensified over the days and I fall more and more for him.

It's insane how fast I'm falling for him and how intense my feelings towards him are growing. I have never felt this way about anyone before at all, and that's what excites me and scares me at the same time. What I need right now is to have a sister talk with Elizabeth and lucky for me, I was on my way to the airport to pick my sister up. She was visiting from Miami, Florida.

I waited at the terminal where she was going to be at, with the people who came to pick up their friends, families, or loved ones. Looking around, waiting to see her, looking for her red hair. She got her red hair from our mother, while Sebastian had my father's brown hair, and with me I got a mix of both, which led to my auburn colored hair. I checked the TV screen, which portrayed the flights and their information. Next to her flight's number was ARRIVED with the time that the plane had landed, showing that she should come out soon.

Five minutes later, I saw her red head before I saw her completely. She had cut her hair, and she was wearing her eyeglasses instead of her contacts. She was dressed in a pink Juicy Couture track suit. I waved at her as she turned to look for me. She smiled as soon as she saw me, rushing towards me. We soon gave each other a big hug and I could sense her tearing up.

"Elizabeth Felicity Douglas Lopez, don't you dare start crying now." I demanded as I moved back to look at her.

"I can't help it, I missed you baby sister." She told me looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"No, no crying. I missed you too." She pulled me back into her arms in another hug.

An hour and a half later we were sitting on the couch in my living room. She was drinking a glass of rosé wine, while I was drinking an Oreo milkshake that I had made as soon as we made it home. She was telling me about what happened with her husband and mother-in-law at the dinner party they had two nights before she came. I nodded every once in a while when she looked up at me to see if I was still with her.

Man did I really miss my sister. It's been six months since the last time we were together and it was my brother's birthday that day. She was busy with her work and being a wife. They were also trying to conceive, so she had to plan her days accordingly. It so happened that she was on her period when she bought her plane ticket to come, which wouldn't affect her fertility schedule. I wasn't mad that she had to plan her life accordingly until she got pregnant.

"Anyways, that was that. How's Mateo?" She asked. Hearing his name brought me back to reality.

This is what you wanted.

Look how just hearing his name makes you in your feels.

"He's good. Amazing actually." I confessed.

"That's good Mimi, I'm happy for you sis." She replied.

"Thanks Lizzie."