Chapter 21: Brotherly Advice

Malia

Life may take you to where you least expect it, but have faith that you are exactly where you need to be.

It's almost been a year since Mateo and I have started dating. We did have a major bump in the road, but we overcame it together and ever since, things have only gotten better. I'm not saying that we don't have small fights every once in a while because that wouldn't be normal.

I told my siblings and James about what the De Lucas really are. At first they all thought I was pranking them, then they thought I was insane, after that they were in shock, and eventually they moved on from it and adapted.

The whole marking thing has been on my mind for quite some time now. I want him to mark me and I know that he should, for a lot of people's sake, even mine, but I don't know what I'm so afraid of. Why can't I just tell him to mark me? We're already official and we've had sex, which is something that is very important to me. Then why can't I just tell him to mark me?

My brother was in town, so we were chilling in his house with James. They were talking about a basketball game that they watched last night.

Maybe things don't work out between you and Mateo.

I'm his mate.

He's my soulmate.

So?

These things are not a game. They're very serious.

What if something happens to him?

I don't want to think about that.

Malia.

"Earth to Malia." Sebastian's voice snapping out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay?" James asked.

"Yeah, just in my head." I answered.

"Clearly, but what's going on sis?" Sebastian questioned.

"It's about Mateo."

"What did he do? Do we need hurt him?" I rolled my eyes.

"He didn't do anything. I'm just thinking about the whole marking thing." I explained.

"Oh, that." Sebastian said.

"Is it normal that him being a whole werewolf thing is still shocking sometimes?" James wondered.

"It is. Sometimes I forget about it and then something happens that makes me remember and I'm like holy shit." I confessed.

"Good, it's not just me." James added.

"It's not just you. It's me too." Sebastian told him.

"Anyways, what part of the marking thing is bothering you?" James asked.

"It's not that it's bothering me. I want him to do it and I know what'll happen if he doesn't, but I don't know what's holding me back from telling him to do it." I answered.