My Fair Juliet

Jim stared down from the rafters of the museum, invisible to the Gumm Gumms below. Was he spying on them? Maybe. Was it his best idea? No. But! Did they know he was there? Also no.

After talking with Toby, they both agreed to split up the Trollhunting business. Jim would handle any night Trollhunting issues as long as he didn't end up revealing himself and Toby could actually get some sleep unless there was an emergency he had to take care of.

Jim thought it would be a fantastic idea to keep his eye on Strickler and the bridge, after all, he knew where it was. With all this sudden free time Jim had since he couldn't go to school and he barely slept these days, why not spend some time spying on your enemy?

He wasn't planning on interfering. Not yet at least. They still had plenty more pieces to find before they actually required the amulet. And if Jim was going to interfere, the only person he'd interfere with was Strickler.

On Bular, Jim was well aware he could defeat Bular quickly and easily. Ish. But he wanted Toby to defeat Bular, with his help of course. But right now, Jim was just observing.

"Bular," Strickler began, walking into the museum. "Another piece of the bridge will be arriving tomorrow."

"Good," Bular growled. He then turned to the half-constructed bridge and placed a hand on it. "It won't be much longer now father. You will be free. Have you found the Trollhunter yet?"

"Nomura discovered the identity of the Trollhunter a few days ago...I've been trying to wrap my head around the absurdity of it," Strickler replied. "The rumors were true. We have human Trollhunter."

"All the easier to kill. This is good," Bular grinned. "Humans are so delicate, so easy to squish with just one squeeze around their necks. What is the identity of this human? I shall end them tonight."

"No. Killing him will bring too much scrutiny upon us. We cannot risk exposing our agenda to both humans and trolls," Strickler growled.

"Then what do you suggest?"

"I suggest entrusting me to get the amulet. I happen to be quite close to the Trollhunter's best friend's mother. I can use the son to lure the Trollhunter into my grasp and force him to give up the amulet!" Strickler informed. Bular growled.

"Fine. We'll do it your way. For now," Bular grunted, walking off, leaving Strickler alone. Strickler sighed heavily and rubbed at his face before walking out.

Jim left quickly after, the sun would be rising soon. Best get back to Trollmarket before facing a very pathetic death by sunlight.

He jumped from rooftop to rooftop.

So, Strickler wanted to use him as bait for Toby. Jim laughed inside. Strickler was going to have a very difficult time finding him. Poor Strickler didn't even look like he was keen on the idea.

Images of Strickler's death raced through Jim's mind.

Maybe he should work on getting Strickler to the good side sooner rather than later.

Jim slid down the slope of the canals and reached the wall under the bridge. He reached into his saddlebag he had procured from Badgewella in search of the Horngazel. His hand brushed against the glamour mask. He should probably return that to Vendel today, it had been in his bag for a few days now.

Finally finding the Horngazel, Jim drew a semicircle on the wall, pressed his hand against it, and smiled as it opened the gateway to Trollmarket. Jim raced down the crystal stairs. He had only been a troll for a few days but Jim couldn't deny how happy he was to be back this way. Sure, he missed some of his human qualities but something just felt right with the way he was.