A New Excalibur

Douxie stood in the workshop, silently mulling over his next steps in his mission.

"Last night," Archie began. "I don't think I've ever seen you that mad at Merlin."

"Yeah, well, I was angry," Douxie sighed irritably. "I probably shouldn't have said some of those things, but I can't change the past."

"Well," Claire started. Douxie smiled humorously.

"I can't always change the past."

"Man, this sucks," Steve breathed out. "We know all the bad things that have to happen, and we have let them stay bad!"

"It's not ideal," Douxie sighed. "A lot of people are going to eat the big one, and we just have to let it happen. I hate the fact that we have to keep the same. Like Morgana becoming evil."

"Lancelot dying," Steve whispered.

The three stood in silence, already mourning for those they knew would be lost.

"But we'll figure it out, right?" Claire asked.

"Of course," Douxie nodded.

The workshop door burst open with Merlin holding the broken pieces of Excalibur and Moppet Douxie trailing behind Merlin with a large chest.

"Camelot is in chaos, and Arthur is without a weapon to defend it," Merlin began.

"Then we go to the Lady of the Lake," Douxie said simply, crossing his arms. "The sooner we get it fixed, the sooner Arthur can lead Camelot to war against Gunmar."

"Oh, I remember the Lady of the Lake. She kicks butt!" Steve grinned.

"I see you're still salty," Merlin noted, looking at Douxie.

"If you're about to blame me—" Douxie began.

"I'm not, Hisirdoux," Merlin said, raising his hand in a placating manner. "I admit, you are right. After all, you have the future knowledge of what should happen. Not me."

Douxie's shoulders relaxed a bit at Merlin's apology.

"Thank you," Douxie smiled.

"I hope you're up to journeying with me to fix Excalibur," Merlin said.

"Of course," Douxie nodded.

"Oh yeah! Another adventure!" Steve cheered.

"And another boring day of sweeping," Moppet Douxie sighed, grabbing the broom. Claire reached over and pat Moppet Douxie's shoulder.

"Chin up. That'll be you one day," Claire said, nodding over to Douxie, who was discussing something with Merlin.

"And how long will that be?" Moppet Douxie asked. Claire shrugged.

"It'll happen. But don't focus too hard on it now," Claire smiled.

"Alright! Everyone, come along! We've got not a moment to lose! Moppet Hisirdoux, mind the workshop!" Merlin said, picking up the broken pieces of Excalibur and walking out of the workshop. Claire, Douxie, Steve, and Archie followed Merlin out the room.

"Since when did my name become Moppet Hisirdoux?"
___

Jim felt a cool cloth being dabbed against his forehead, and he opened his eyes open to see his father.

"Dad? What happened?" Jim asked, closing his eyes again.

"I believe a knight shot you with an arrow," Blinky responded.

"Oh," Jim said, turning to his side. "I've had worse."

"That is deeply concerning," A new voice said. A voice Jim knew was dead. Jim's eyes snapped open, and he saw Blinky by Jim and Dictatious standing behind. Jim moved quickly into a crouch as awareness slowly found him.