I was watching the waves at the promenade while waiting for Jimmy. He said that he would introduce his best friend to me. He is happy that I can finally meet the guy who has no time for anything other than work. Is he a workaholic or just hardworking? That I don't know.

Jimmy placed his hand on my waist when he arrived and said "Al, this is Jamie. We're dating since college. I've always wanted to introduce her to you, but you're way too busy with work and stuff."

And now, I can fully understand why his best friend has no time for anything other than work.

Al has a surprised look on his face. "I... I actually... know her." He said, stuttering.

"You know each other? How?" Jimmy asked confusedly.

"My bad." I'm embarrassed. "Babe, remember I talked to you before about my wedding singer? I know I said it's a 'he', but I never mentioned his name. It's him. It is Al." I clutched his arm and faced Al. "Well, I told Al before that I have a boyfriend who is an architect, but I never said your name." I exhaled. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." The two of them said simultaneously.

I cannot stop myself from looking from one guy to the other. "I never knew you are friends."

"Since we were kids. He's like a brother to me." Jimmy said and smiled. "I'm glad you know each other, saves the introduction."

I think I wanted to faint at that instant. My boyfriend, the one I've loved since we were in our late teens, and Al, the guy I recently fell in love with, are best friends. Not just best friends, they're like brothers who have known each other since they were young. What have I gotten myself into? Is this what you call a twist of fate? I want to scream or shout or yell or throw myself into the waters. I don't know, but I need to act like there's nothing wrong.

"Hey Al, stop acting so much as the third wheel." Jimmy teases.

He is walking behind us, kinda aloof. Of course, who wouldn't feel awkward if you're a third wheel?

"You walk with us." I pulled his arm so he will be walking with us. And this time, somehow, I'm feeling awkward. I'm walking side by side with the guys I love.

I excused myself, telling them that I needed to go to the washroom. When in fact, I just want to escape even for a short moment. I need to think. Is this really happening? I still find it hard to believe. I want to bang my head on the sink to know if I'm in reality or stuck in a dream.

I was able to calm myself after God knows how long I've stayed in the washroom. From a distance, I can see those two talking like brothers who haven't seen each other for a decade. They know how to approach each other though they haven't seen each other for a while. They know each other that much.

"I see you guys are having a good time catching up with each other. I saw you hit him on the head." I said when I arrived.

"That was him being idiotic. Just like the old times." Al replied.

"Haha... That's funny." And my boyfriend is acting like a child.

"So, how was it with the girls back then?" I feel like I'm torn between two lovers.

"They have a crush on either of us or both of us." Jimmy answered proudly.

"Don't be so confident, babe." Obviously, it was a game of good looks and intelligence versus good looks and talent for the two of you.

"It's true. It's him or me, or us." Al told me.

"Woah. And I happen to be one of the girls who like you. Both of you, that's what I mean.