Chapter 15

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

First off, please don't share this with the girls. I am going to feel so stupid writing this and admitting it to girls who have it all put together. On Halloween, it will be a year since I've dated anyone. I am freaking out because once I let myself really date again, I am confident I will pick some idiot dickhead who doesn't know how to treat a girl right and it'll shatter my confidence. I barely have it all together as it is. The guys on the dating site I'm on are okay, but I've pretty much forgotten all about it because of my workload and my general fear of picking some terrible guy.

This is going to sound desperate, but do you guys have any dating advice for me? I don't want to pick a fifth horrid guy in a row, but if I push this off more, I don't know that I'll ever want to get back into dating. I am so tempted to delete all of that right now. And if you show the girls, I will murder all of you. It's not like I don't know every venue you'll be at for the next two and a half months. Please, though, I need help. I am slowly realizing some red flags most of my exes had, but how do I pick a decent guy to begin with? You know what? This is dumb; ignore it. Forget I ever asked.

Signed,

KB722

KB722,

KB722,

I'm going to be straight with you. You're one of the best girls in the world. At least from what I've read in these emails. Any guy would be lucky to have you. Hell, if I didn't already have an amazing girlfriend, the idea of dating you would seem like a pretty good one. And don't worry, I am not showing any of the girls, and I hope the other four don't either.

I am not planning on showing any of them. Trev's right, though. You are an amazing girl that any guy should be lucky to date. My advice is to become friends with a guy first, so you can see some of their major flaws, since we all have them, and if it turns into something bigger, great. Friendships are what relationships are based on. Plus, if you make friends with a bunch of guys, or at least a couple, then you can weed out in your mind who's the best and who is better as a friend.

EJ's right about that. Friends first, relationship second. And one big thing to look for is whether the guy is willing to go out of their way to do something for you. At least, in my opinion. Whether it be getting you a gift, making you food, or doing something that you find tedious. Then, you know that guy's worth it.