Chapter 18

Hey little Koala Bear,

I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to emailing you yet. I'll probably get around to finishing the full length email later tomorrow. I saw the email from the guys and from you earlier. It's good to know that you're still doing well.

God, I'm a sap. I don't know why I'm crying trying to write this short email, but I am. Dang, dinner starts in a few minutes and I feel like a baby. I need to go though.

Alexander

Don't worry, Alex, I know you'll get around to sending that email to me when you have the chance

Don't worry, Alex, I know you'll get around to sending that email to me when you have the chance. And I know I shouldn't say this, but time heals all wounds. After the passing of my mom and losing my father when I was a year old, I would know. Plus, with four terrible ex-boyfriends, I promise you that time works wonders on everything.

There was a time when I would have agreed with you: that a man crying is such a terrible thing and that any guy who shows weakness is unable to care for a girl, but life has shown me there's worse things than that. My step-father, after my mom passed, never cared who was in his presence when he cried. Eventually, he told me it was because it showed everyone else around him that he's human, too. Nobody can hold their emotions in like they just don't exist. If anyone could, I'd love a bit of that for myself.

I have to go and attempt to call my step-father again. I don't want to be a hypocrite and not speak to him until I go home at Thanksgiving.

Signed,

KoalaBear722

•○⦾○•

Pressing the green call button, I wait for the four rings to go through and listen to the boring, old voicemail again. But, I'm surprised to hear the fourth ring get cut off and hear someone on the other end.

"Hey, Penny. How's everything going?" There's the cheerful voice of Tyler. Man, I forgot how much I missed him.

"Really well. I am loving the experience of being on tour with the guys and seeing all these amazing places I have never travelled to." Smiling, I feel a bit of joy when I start going on about all the adventures we've gone on, the pranks, and more.