Chapter 17

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

I am sure you're all in Ainsworth at this point. Must be nice to go home. I won't be doing that until Thanksgiving. And no, I haven't talked with my step-dad. Wow, I sound like such a hypocrite. I'm telling you guys to call your parents and I can't even bother to do the same. He's not a bad person, so there's really no reason not to talk to him aside from the fact that I feel like I have nothing to talk to him about. The last time I talked to him was the day I left to start my new job in the beginning of July. Now, I just feel guilty for not talking to him.

I also have something to confess:

I, Anna, hacked into the KoalaBear722 account. I couldn't tell you who it is or even what's in that zipped file that was sent right before I gained (illegal) access to the account. Whoever is the one that really sends these emails is putting it in one of hers (sooner rather than later, I'd assume), although I had no idea how much these truly meant to her. As a friend, I know she cares about you all a lot and treasures these emails a lot. I'm just sorry about lying to all of you and forcing her to write as if she were me. I understand if you can't forgive me, because I doubt I would forgive myself if I were in your shoes. Just, don't take it out on whoever is truly behind these emails because she's not at fault. I am.

Hi, this is the real KoalaBear722, although I'm sure you all are resenting that this account ever existed. I haven't really read what Anna sent, only that she was disclosing that she hacked into this account. I don't plan to charge her with anything (since hacking is technically illegal), but I cannot control your actions. Any choice you choose to make will not be because you think it is in my best interest (or because you want to finally meet the real me), but because you feel that it is unfair for those who have wronged to go unpunished. I won't agree if you choose to do so because I feel as though she understands that she was wrong and that is all I need. I'm sorry to have put you through all of this, because you guys don't deserve it. You don't have to reply today, and I'm not expecting that you will because this was a lot to take in. I hope you guys are enjoying Mrs. Yann's cornbread, though.

If you would like me to forward any message along, just let me know. I'm really sorry you had to go through all of this.

Signed,

KB722