Chapter 20

Hello Tyler Aussi,

Hello Tyler Aussi,

This is James Cole, the CEO of Shining Star Records. As you know, you submitted a design to our competition, and earlier this morning we posted the three winners on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Please let me be the first to congratulate you for creating one of the three designs we have chosen to become part of our European leg band shirts.

As you may have read in the terms and conditions, you have also won fifty thousand dollars, as we are selling these shirts for a profit, and if we choose to use it for the remainder of the legs—in Asia and Oceania—there will be another ten thousand dollar stipend. After this tour, we may choose to use this design more, if we like, however there will be no stipend, as this is one right you did give up when you submitted your work.

Secondly, please email back to me or Penny Dennis the artwork in its pre-exported form, whatever that might be, so we can use it to put on our shirts. If this is not in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, please let us know so that we can immediately get started converting it from one file to another.

Lastly, my secretary will be in contact for transferring the money to your account, so please look out for an email from Barbara Quasi. She will handle all of that with you.

Again, congratulations on creating such a magnificent design and I wish you all the best.

James Cole
CEO, Shining Star Records
James.Cole@shiningstar.com

Hello James,

Hello James,

Thank you so much for the opportunity. I was glad to create a design for you. I do have one thing to mention, though.

This is Penny Dennis. The Penny Dennis you hired back in May to do the t-shirt designs originally. Ironically, I did not pick a backwards spelling of my name, which is close to Sennid Yinep's actual name. I sent the email containing all of the information as to who I am a minute before the release so you couldn't pick someone else and I couldn't claim to be someone else. I've also attached the information to this email in case you don't believe me.

I'm sure this is the last thing you expected, but it's true. You managed to pick the one design of mine out of over one hundred thousand submissions. And the boys are very excited to see their shirts finally (since they've been pushed back so much). There is also an email from my personal email with all the details, in case you don't believe me. It was sent at 11:59 last night.