Three

"Thanks for coming along, gang. I really need the support. It's never a good thing when my dad asks me to meet at his office." Fred tells them.

"Like, dude, no problemo." Shaggy says making Tia shake her head.

"It may not be that bad." Tia said. "We're here for you."

"Too bad Daphne couldn't make it. Trust me." Velma says making the blonde smile. "She'd love to be here for you if she could."

"Ah, Fred, my boy."

Tia looked to see the mayor. She watched Fred and the mayor talk. The blonde shook her head as she knows that Fred wasn't exactly happy with what his father wanted him to be. Velma noticed how Tia was playing with the locket she found in the cave. "You still have that?"

"I'm hoping this is part of that mystery that Mr. E was talking about, but why couldn't Daphne be here?" Tia asked as Velma shrugged. The blonde nodded as she looked back at Fred to see his disappointment. "I know how you feel, but for now, let's help your dad so we can get back to solving mysteries and building traps."

Scooby took the pamphlet and put it in the printer. Tia ran to the couch as they watched the toner explode. "Look at what you done to my suit."

They looked to see a guy in a green suit. "What's the problem here, Avocados?" The mayor says. Tia watched Avocados before he walked away.

"Who is that, dad?" Fred asked as they came out of hiding.

"George Avocados. The person I am running against." Mayor Jones says. "He considers himself a shoo in for the job because his father Theodore Avocados was mayor once, until he was caught stealing a priceless diamond from Crystal Cove Bank."

Tia was surprised by this, but if they have a mystery on their hands that involves George, this could be useful. "Jinkies, what happened?"

"The diamond was never found, but Theodore went to jail." Mayor Jones tells them. "George has claimed his father's innocence ever since."
~~~
In the van, the gang went through town, but with Daphne with them. "We sure missed you today, Daphne." Tia says.

"Is everything ok at home?" Fred asked.

"Sure, yeah, of course." Daphne replies. "That's a weird question."

Tia looked at her friend wondering what was up with the weird attitude. "Oh, boy, after all that campaigning, I can't wait to dig into a triple clam pizza at the clam cabin." Shaggy says.

Tia shook her head at her friends as they arrived at the clam cabin. Scooby ran ahead of them, but looked at the door. "There is no door knob."

"Meaning we can't get in." Shaggy says.

"We be all closed." They heard and saw Skipper. "Some one stole me crystal doorknobs, just like that clam who stole me nose!"

"That's kind of weird." Fred says. "Who'd want to steal doorknobs?"

"Good question." Tia said as she looked at Fred. "Looks like we have a mystery on our hands."
~~~
"You know, I heard someone stole all the crystal doorknobs at school." Daphne says.

"My mom and dad said they were missing at the haunted museum, too." Velma says.

"Same for my mom. She went to get something from her office just to see her doorknob was missing." Tia tells them.

Thunder was heard causing them to hear a horn blowing. "Somebody should tell the nut their driving that truck to dial it back." Velma says.

They got hit causing them to scream. Fred started driving faster than normal to get them all away from that truck. When they went over a hill screaming. Velma was the first to realize that they stopped. "We're not falling."