(9) Graduation

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Yeonjun rocked back and forth on the plastic chair, not noticing how small it was for him now. There was a time he fitted it perfectly, not anymore. When his eyes flitted to the small window to the examination room they left again just as quickly.

How was an ordinary door so hard to look at?

It made no sense.

In there was a desk, a paper, a pencil. In two hours time his fate was sealed one way or the other. He choked down the rising bile and consciously flexed his hand, feeling at last the pain of his nails digging into his palm. When the school bell punctured the near silence he almost bit his tongue in two. He rose, oblivious to the bleach tinctured air and rested his fingers on the cool metal of the door handle.

'I can do it', he thought before entering the examination room.

❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃

A few weeks later, Yeonjun sat in between Taehyung and Jungkook, Beomgyu standing behind Yeonjun, his hands resting on Yeonjun's shoulder for comfort. Taehyung was holding Yeonjun's right hand and Jungkook holding the left. The four sat there staring at the screen of the computer, reading the final results.

Yeonjun sat back and let the happiness soak right into his bones. He wanted the feeling to still be there when he would turn old. He closed his eyes and savoured the moment, but never released his grip on his parents hands. For the first time in forever his body and mind relaxed. In that moment there were no expectations upon him, no deadlines and no schedules to meet.

He got into Seoul University. He was in, he had made it, he was a winner.

Jungkook looked at Yeonjun with slight moist eyes and caressed his hair. His baby brat had worked hard and the hard work paid off. Beomgyu had a wide grin on his face, obviously feeling happy and proud of his hyung.

Taehyung was no different, he was proud. A proud father of his two sons. This was yet another moment where Yeonjun made Taehyung's chest filled with overjoy.

"Next is graduation" Beomgyu chimed in and Yeonjun smiled.

He is graduating high school.

"We can have a celebration later tomorrow" Taehyung proposed.

"Of course, a celebration is a must" Jungkook giggled.

"With everyone?" Yeonjun asked with a smile and the smile only grew wider when his parents nod their heads.

❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃

Yeonjun was graduating and everyone could hardly believe it. Everyone was proud of him. The four younger ones were happy for Yeonjun, Yeonjun is the first to graduate so it was obvious.

Yeonjun was with Soobin in the school hallway as he looked around, thinking about all his memories that he had made there, with Soobin, Taehyun, Kai and Beomgyu.

This school was now not only the million bricks, but the thousand hearts who carry more dreams than the night sky has stars. This school was the emotions, their stories and their love for each other. The school life had been more memorable with them having each other.

"Are you sad to be leaving hyung?" Soobin asked as they walked to the auditorium, hand in hand.

"Of course I am but at the same time I am happy and curious as well of what the future has up its sleeves for me" Yeonjun replied and looked forward, his eyes immediately met with the rest of the group and his parents.

"Go ahead hyung. I will be with them, rooting for you" Soobin said and Yeonjun smiled gratefully at him, giving a sweet kiss on his cheek.

"I will see you in a bit" Yeonjun said and made his way to the seats for the now graduating students.

The first thing Yeonjun did after getting off the stage with his certificate was run to Taehyung and Jungkook. He was now a graduate and he will be now entering a new phase of his life.

Jungkook was engulfed in a bone crushing hug and he gladly hugged his baby brat. Both him and Taehyung knew how Yeonjun would have been feeling right now. Once they have been through this phase as well.

They both knew how graduating was elevating and humbling, for once a position of responsibility is reached. This was the finishing line as well as the starting gun, a double barreled joy.
___________________________________
See you all in the next chapter.
I hope you liked it.💜
Please vote and comment.☺
Keep supporting.
And if there are any mistakes I am sorry for that.
Stay safe and stay happy.💜💜

(A/n: Yeonjun's college life has a lot in store now. This book will have 20 chapters only)

 This book will have 20 chapters only)

Jiminie keeps his promises 💛