(4) Dinner

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

"Why are we having dinner here this month? Why not at Joon Uncle's house?" Yeonjun complained, clearly impatient.

"Because it's our turn this month hyung and just say that you can't wait to see Soobin" Beomgyu replied as he set the table.

"Gyu got a point there, also Jin hyung hosted the get-together last month and it was us for this month" Jungkook meddled from the kitchen with a mischievous grin, knowing very well to why his baby brat was being grumpy.

"But why do I have to wait this long. Can't they just come already?" Yeonjun grumbled once again.

"Patient is sweet my son" Taehyung pointed as he placed some dishes on the table and covered the lids.

"Sweet my ass" Taehyung raised an eyebrow hearing that.

"Language Junie"

"Sorry dad" Yeonjun replied and internally he was dying from waiting so much, he just couldn't wait to see Soobin.

"Uh-huh! Be careful next time" Taehyung said as he placed the chopsticks.

The bell rang and Yeonjun immediately got excited and said,

"I'll open the door"

"Wow, all of you arrived together" Taehyung heard Yeonjun and understood everyone was here.

"Baby they are here" Taehyung announced and in a few seconds Jungkook came out wiping his hands on the kitchen towel.

"Hello sweet people" Jin announced as Jimin and Hobi waved, Yoongi and Namjoon smiled.

By now the funky five were already on the dining table, waiting for their parents to finish their greeting session so they can start eating already, they were hungry of course.

"Couldn't you all wait" Jin said as the elders approached.

"C'mon papa we are hungry" Soobin interjected.

"Yes we are" Yeonjun immediately agreed.

"Of course" Taehyun replied with an eye roll to Yeonjun's smitten self.

"Whipped" Kai mumbled but everyone heard it.

Everyone sat on the table as the funky five, engaged in their mini conversations. The dinner started soon and honestly speaking, the dinner was a tale of how they loved, how they worked, and how they had come together to bring in the bounty of harvest.

The joys of life are right here before them, stories of the years told in wisps of aroma and tastes that are time machines to so many good memories. Above all, the dinner is a feast of their emotions, of their bonds, with the food as the perfect symbol of these everlasting bonds.

That's why they had a rule, every month a dinner get-together to ease out all the stress that have gone through the entire month. It had been the same since last 20 years and it never changed. Dinner on month-ends with everyone's presence was a great stress-free ritual.

After a few more conversations and a delicious filling dinner the night finally turned to some promising drinks for the seven elders and some movie marathons for the funky five in Yeonjun's room.

"How is everything?" Hobi asked as he took a sip from his beer and everyone replied positively.

"Kook how is your paintings going?" Yoongi asked as he had always been interested genuinely in his paintings.

"I haven't painted anything for some days"

"Why is that?" It was Jin this time.

"Their vacations were about to be over so was busy shopping with them for their materials and stuff" Jungkook answered and Taehyung nod his head, agreeing.

"You know hyungs, we all should go to the arcade sometime. We haven't been there for so long" Taehyung suggested.

"Yes I agree, we should" Jimin supported and Jungkook nod.

"We can actually-" Jimin stopped mid-sentence as a loud crash was heard from upstairs, Yeonjun's room to be exact.

The seven elder men freaked out as their eyes widened horrifically. They quickly rushed upstairs to see what happened or if anyone got hurt. Jungkook opened the door and found the glass bowl filled with popcorn on the floor as Yeonjun and Soobin were standing in a weird position on the couch.

"Why are you both even doing?" Hobi asked as he saw the five teens frozen in weird position especially Yeonjun and Soobin.

"Oh, uncle Hobi you know there was a rat in the house so we were dancing on the couch?" Yeonjun replied, well more like questioned.

Namjoon cleared his throat and said,

"Binnie step down"

The protective father mode was active. Nevertheless Soobin immediately stepped down and Yeonjun followed as well.

"Now explain" Jin said sternly.

"And the truth" Yoongi demanded.

Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin shared a look and nod to themselves. It was going to be a long night, longer than they expected because the group of teenagers exuded energy, as if they were the perfect transformers of joy to movement and sometimes it was quite handful like right now.
___________________________________
See you all in the next chapter.
I hope you liked it.💜
Please vote and comment.
Keep supporting.
And if there are any mistakes I am sorry for that.
Stay safe and stay happy.💜💜

I hope you all are liking it so far 💜