(15) Papa bear mode

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

When Yeonjun showed money and fancy clothes he was everything those friends ever wanted. Those friends needed someone who looked good to compliment them, follow them around and laugh at their jokes.

Yeonjun didn't think that at the start, he doesn't know, maybe he was as bad as them. Then his life got turned upside-down as easy as catching the flu. Taehyung blocked his cards and cash dried up real fast. After that those friends avoided Yeonjun like poverty was contagious. It was that toxic and Yeonjun was glad that Taehyung blocked his cards because if Taehyung would have been a little late, the toxicity would have messed up with Yeonjun real bad.

In just weeks Yeonjun was not the appreciator of those friends humour, but the target. They couldn't distance themselves from Yeonjun fast enough, like he had done it on purpose just to embarrass them. They even made Yeonjun into several unflattering memes that caught on fast.

"In Yeonjun's house, you don't feed cat, cat feeds you"

"In Yeonjun's house you don't hire maid, maid hires you"

Yeonjun had a choice, knuckle down and get his grades up or cave in. There were days Yeonjun walked the wire between the two, but the worst of them were when those friends were around him more. Cruelty from strangers is easier to wear, but from them, from his 'friends' it's something Yeonjun is finding difficult to forgive.

So, he told everything to Jungkook. Well only Jungkook because he was the only one talking to him. Taehyung and Beomgyu were still pretty upset with him and he thinks, he deserves it.

"What do I do?" Yeonjun whined after he finished telling everything to his Papa.

"Well- you just need to ignore their existence as well. Don't show them that you are affected by them, don't show them that they even have the capability to make you feel frustrated. You are strong, stronger than what they know of. Prove yourself by your actions and their mouths would zip shut. You don't need words always, sometimes your actions are enough" Jungkook replied in his Papa bear mode.

'Papa bear mode' only kicks in when Jungkook realises that he is the last line of defence for his kids, that 'Dada bear' isn't coming to the rescue and here Taehyung was clearly still wasn't hearing a word from Yeonjun.

Ask, either Beomgyu or Yeonjun or even Taehyung for that matter you would get a similar answer.

Jungkook is the best Papa and husband they ever saw, always dressing the emotional needs of his kids and husband before speaking about the situation with logic, confirming their emotional reality before seeking to expand their perspective to the needs and views of others.

Jungkook is a reliable and safe place for them, the three of them to anchor their hearts, to feel that their souls were nurtured and valued. He is the strongest and softest person they ever met, one who realised that true power is lifting others up.

That's love though, eh?

The power of love.

Rather than suppressing and controlling it's elevating and educating.

He is the best.

"Papa, you are the best" Yeonjun voiced it out and Jungkook just giggled, ruffling Yeonjun's hair.

What?

What could he reply to that, he can't sass at the compliment neither can he thank Yeonjun for it. Think about it!

"I need to apologize to Dad" Yeonjun sighed and Jungkook nod, affirmative.

"Just say sorry, like you really really mean it and he will forgive you" His Papa suggested.

Later that night, after a silent dinner when Taehyung and Jungkook were back in their bedroom, Yeonjun knocked.

"Come in bub" Taehyung replied, thinking it's probably their baby boo.

"Dad" Yeonjun called, head ducked down.

Taehyung raised a brow at that and looked at Jungkook who just smiled at Taehyung.

"What is it?" Taehyung asked, looking at his laptop again and continued typing.

"I am sorry" Yeonjun said and Taehyung's fingers came to a halt.

When the child-self says sorry, it is offered as a profound gift of healing for everyone. One can still remember the harm, yet the apology files it away, stamped it with a seal. When self reflection allows the inner good self to see the deeds of the inner mischievous self clearly, sorry is the next step.

Yeonjun's apology is for not being better, for not listening to Taehyung, for not rescuing himself, all he asked is that Taehyung to accept that at all times before this one incident he was doing the very best he could and loving both him and Jungkook so very much all the time.

Moreover, how can Taehyung not forgive his baby brat and for how long?

So he caved in as he looked up from his laptop and extended a hand towards their baby brat and Jungkook just watched quietly with a sweet, fond smile.

Yeonjun obviously walked forward and hugged Taehyung tightly. He missed this, he missed his Dad and now the next thing on his list was to pamper Beomgyu and get his apology.

"I am sorry" Yeonjun apologized again.

Taehyung caressed his head and said,

"It's okay. Mistakes happen and it wasn't that big, just be careful from the next time, yeah?"

"I will" Yeonjun mumbled and hugged Taehyung tighter.

Jungkook smiled and pat Yeonjun's back as well and the baby brat looked at him with a small smile, moist eyes but hey Taehyung doesn't needs to know that his baby brat got emotional.
___________________________________
See you all in the next chapter.
I hope you liked it.💜
Please vote and comment.☺
Keep supporting.
And if there are any mistakes I am sorry for that.
Stay safe and stay happy.💜💜

I am so proud of them ♡