(11) Distant

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Fire hissed and popped a secret song between the flames and thick logs. Shrouded by the dimness in the corner of the room, Jungkook sighed annoyingly. Enrapt by flares upon flares of thought, he stared as if transfixed by the flames. But his favorite sight of crimson curls and orange vines pirouetting to nothingness in the shadow of the flue went wholly unseen.

He sighed again as his eyes fell onto the wall clock, Taehyung was still not home neither was Yeonjun. Having enough, he grabbed his phone to ring his son first, it was already 11 in the midnight and he was still out. Jungkook was worried and it got more when Yeonjun didn't answer.

He called Taehyung next, who answered rather quickly than expected,

"When are you getting back hubby?" Jungkook asked although Taehyung could hear the distress in his husband's voice.

"I am leaving now baby, is everything okay?" Jungkook heard from the other side and he sighed yet again.

"Junie is not home, he hasn't been answering his calls as well" Jungkook was worried, Taehyung knew.

"I will call him, don't worry he will home soon sweetheart, okay?" Taehyung assured.

Jungkook hummed as his mind wandered far, walking the thin line of dances on high wires and a fear of the distant future.

"Baby, don't overthink. I will be home in 10, okay?" Taehyung replied softly to the younger's silent thoughts.

"Yeah, I will be waiting" Jungkook said before they hung up.

Taehyung was pissed, he didn't let it get to Jungkook but he was. He was pissed because of Yeonjun. He fumbled through his contacts and called him, which was surprisingly answered.

"Where are you?" Taehyung asked in a cold voice.

"I am out with friends" He heard Yeonjun reply.

"Have you looked at the time?" Taehyung was controlling himself from bursting out.

"Dad-"

"Get home now, I wanna see you at home in 10" Taehyung snapped before hanging up.

He took a deep breath to calm himself before he picked up his stuff and left the office. He greeted the guard a good night before getting into his car, driving back home.

By the time Taehyung parked his car, he saw Yeonjun entering the door as well. He sighed shaking his head as he got out. Jungkook was not there when he entered, thinking he must be in their bedroom he discarded his shoes and coat.

Yeonjun was nervous when he saw Taehyung coming towards him, he sat down beside him on the couch.

"Did you inform Papa where you were going?" Taehyung's arched tone righted the world around Yeonjun.

"N-no" Yeonjun stammered.

"Why?" Taehyung scoffed.

"I forgot Dad, I am sorry. It won't happen again" Yeonjun quickly apologized.

"Yeonjun-ah, this has been going on since two weeks now. Your papa is always worried about you. I am not saying that you shouldn't hang out with friends or have sleepovers but at least inform Koo about it and be home by 8pm. He don't like seeing him distressed and worried about anything" Taehyung said, his tone much softer this time.

"I will, I am sorry Dad" Yeonjun apologized again.

"Don't apologize to me, say sorry to Papa and be careful from the next time" Taehyung said as he got up before patting Yeonjun's shoulder and walked to his bedroom.

Taehyung changed his mind and walked to Beomgyu's bedroom first. It was closed but the door was unlocked, he quietly opened it and found his baby boo sleeping peacefully. He smiled softly and covered him with the thick blanket properly, he kissed his forehead and walked out closing the door once again.

He walked into his bedroom now to find his little husband curled up on the arm chair rested close by the fireplace, he was fast asleep. A fond smile made its way to his lips as he watched his sleeping beauty. He quickly got changed in nothing but sweatpants and went to pick Jungkook up gently and laying him down on the bed before tucking him in.

He himself slipped under the thick blanket and pulled his husband close who immediately curled and snuggled close to Taehyung. The elder smiled softly before kissing his husband on the lips and closing his eyes.

He couldn't help but let his thoughts wander to what Jungkook had said before, the way the younger expressed his fear of their kids changing and what Yeonjun was doing mixed up and now Taehyung was scared as well.
___________________________________
See you all in the next chapter.
I hope you liked it.💜
Please vote and comment.☺
Keep supporting.
And if there are any mistakes I am sorry for that.
Stay safe and stay happy.💜💜

I love them so much 😭