(16) Love in a photograph

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

Cocooned within the confines of his blanket, Taehyung's heart refused to calm down, within the storm of emotions only three words make itself known, 'You never understand' the words rang inside his head encircling and pulsating through his very being, mocking him as he tries to get the rest that his body and mind so fully deserves, but fails.

The same words that he had used on Jungkook. The same word that he used quite without any venom yet had come out like poison and knives and he still clearly remembered the way those beautiful Bambi eyes dulled with each word he had used, the way those eyes became closed off to the world to Jungkook, how Jungkook looked pained but put up a brave front for him.

Jungkook never had to do that, Jungkook was Jungkook with Taehyung he didn’t have to pretend and it hurt but he did and what broke Taehyung the most was how Jungkook had decided to leave him for the night, to wrench a gap between them built through understanding and unspoken words only to float away from each other.

It can get hard sometimes but it is the only thing that makes one feel alive.

Taehyung felt the emptiness devouring his body like some unknown force, the silence that he was never used to felt unbearable, choking his very being.

Earlier that night, both of them got into a pretty heated argument.

Who was at fault?

None of them wanted to acknowledge that as they fought.

It just started with Taehyung visiting an old friend whom Jungkook didn't like at all.

Don't get him wrong here, it's not that Jungkook was jealous or anything but it was just that guy didn't pass his vibe check, not only his but also Jimin and Namjoon's. Taehyung was very well aware of that and he once actually agreed to Jungkook with his concern but today out of nowhere that guy called Jungkook.

❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃

"Sung-hae called me today" Jungkook piped out as Taehyung halted on what he was doing.

"Why?" Taehyung cleared his throat.

"Nothing, just how we are doing and stuff" Jungkook replied, carefully observing Taehyung who seemed stiff for some reasons.

"Oh, that's- that's nice"

"Mhmm, he also told me you forgot your wallet at his. He tried calling you but you didn't pick up"

Now, Taehyung knew he was doomed.

"Baby-"

"No, no it's okay. Go on lie to me" Jungkook calmly stated.

Taehyung frowned at the tone and for some reason he felt irked.

"What do you mean by that?"