Chapter 33: A Narrow Road

After the incident, Serena thought her lines were very over the top. But going up to confront somebody alone, she needed to have a strong presence. What really happened was, Serena used an excuse of being busy, and asked Clemont to give the little boy a lesson in basic English.

There hadn't been a need to explain anything afterwards. Everything was innocent and white.

Because this type of thing could easily get distorted if talked about, Serena hadn't told her dormmates before. The incident had been so long ago that Serena herself had forgotten. She explained the general bits to her friends. May sighed: "So dramatic, does Clemont have some leanings towards you, why didn't you guys develop a bit?

"Intuition." Serena thought deeply. "Ah, was it that I knew there was something much better in the future?"

The people fell to the floor.

Chloe asked: "Then why would Jessie help you speak?"

Serena wasn't very sure: "This person, does she have a very narrow chin, a bit taller than me, curly hair to the waist?"

Serena described using the fragments of her memory.

Chloe nodded: "That's right, that's her."

Serena said an "oh", her face full of awkwardness.

Dawn shook her: "Don't keep us in suspense. Confess, how do you know her?"

Serena said; "I ...... think I helped her barter."

Dawn and the others seemed to choke.

"A while back I went to the electronics store to buy USBs. She was also buying something there at the same time. That owner saw she wasn't an expert and tried to use second-hand merchandise to fool her. The gloss on the product was so dull it was easy to see it was second hand. It was also 50 above the market price. I thought I saw her before on campus and knew she was a student. Obviously, I couldn't let her be tricked."

"......So you just in passing saw injustice and decided to help?"

Serena nodded and smugly said; "At the end, we both brought at cost."

Chloe was shocked: "You chopped it down that far?"

"Hehe, I implied to the owner I was going to complain ......"

May understood: "I know why she said you have chivalry. It's not the chivalry of a knight, it's the honor of a robber."

Serena thought that these rumours would have evaporated by themselves after two or three days. But it seemed like they were burning bright and brighter. She couldn't help but get frustrated.

There was an exam on Monday afternoon. Serena went studying for a bit afterwards. Returning to the dorm, she saw Dawn had a strange expression. Serena's response was: "There isn't a new post on the forum, is there?"

Dawn laughed: "Hehe, no, no. Just now Master Ash called over to find you, he's back."

Ah, he returned early?

Serena's eyes lit up. She opened her bag, trying to find her telephone card to make a call. Dawn stopped her and hesitantly said: "Serena, when I was talking with Master Ash, I accidentally said what I had hid deep in my heart."

Serena stopped moving, suddenly having a bad feeling: "......what did you say?"

Dawn swallowed: "I asked him, why he hadn't taken us to eat yet."

"You, you, you ......"

Serena was speechless.

"You're too shameless!" May mocked from the side.