Chapter 35: Supplementing the Dowry

The very popular blog incident, after giving out two other pieces of gossip, finally faded out from the view of the general public.

Topic one:

Supposedly, one day, a certain student met the legendary male lead of the scandal at the dorms. He was so excited that he risked his life to ask: "What's your thoughts on the blog incident?"

Supposedly, Ash looked at him once and left behind six words: "An abundance is better than lacking."

At first, those six words didn't mean much, but after careful thought, it was both underhanded and skilful. It was skilful in that it easily removed the blame from himself and Serena Yvonne, the underhandedness didn't have to be said. Especially for a female, it was more devious the more people thought about it ......

So, everybody's focus moved, going over to examine how Miette Poffle and Person C were "lacking".

Some also saw the truth and concluded ––Miette Poffle had attacked Serena Yvonne because she didn't have it herself.

It had to be said, on some level, he caught the truth.

Dawn's focus on hearing the gossip was different from everybody else. She asked strangely: "Serena how does your Master know you have 'an abundance'? Did he hug it?"

Serena: "......"

Dawn, you got the truth too ......

Topic two:

Supposedly, one day, Ash and Clemont accidently met on the basketball court.

Supposedly, Clemont took the initiative: "Some say that if you are losing on the emotional battlefield, you win on the basketball court, why don't we try?"

Supposedly, Ash's expression was faint but his words were poisonous and replied: "I don't mind making you lose a bit more."

Supposedly, after multiple rounds, Clemont unluckily had lost a bit more.

Serena always was doubtful about the plausibility of this rumour. Because Master had never picked up the topic in front of her, she couldn't ask herself.

It wasn't until one day very far in the future, when the two from very far away saw Clemont, Ash suddenly laughed and looked at Serena: "From very little to now?"

Serena froze for a second and very seriously replied: "Not really, he just wanted to give me a flyer one time."

The last few days of Serena's second year at university ended under this kind of relaxed but tense atmosphere. After the last exam, Serena came out of the room and saw Ash waiting outside.

It seemed like he had waited for a very long time. Ash was sitting on a bench underneath a tree, bending his head to read a book.

Serena ran over. On his forehead, Serena saw sweat: "When did you come?"

Ash closed his book and raised his head: "Just now."

Serena didn't really believe him but didn't press further: "After exams, we had a class meeting. It was the summer internship thing, I sent you a message using May's phone."

Ash smiled slightly and didn't say anything.

As Serena talked, her own mood started to deflate.

It was almost summer vacation.

It should have been a very happy thing, but this year's summer vacation's arrival seemed to be making her unhappy instead. Serena swung the bag in the hand, "Let's go to the library first."