Chapter 10: Evil, Too Evil

Du-du-duel?!

Serena was so shocked she couldn't type. After a beat she said: "Xavier was willing to duel?"

In no way did Calem seem like that kind of irrational person.

In 《Dreams of Pokemon》, a one-on-one battle could be two types. One type was informal sparring, which was commonly called PK. The other was duelling. In sparring, losing wasn't very important, no loss of experience or drops in levels, but just sparring points. Duels were different. Each loss in a duel was a one level drop. If the player was a lower-level one, than it was still okay. The one level drop can be made back easily. For higher-levels, like Serena and ChampionXavier, a one-level drop was the loss of more than half a month's work.

ChampionXavier was the type to spend money to play the game. All the equipment were top-level and he always willing to spend more to get stronger. But in a duel with MasterSatoshi who would have used the same level equipment ... ...

It was akin to suicide!

Serena had partnered up with both of them before, so she understood their strengths very well. Here it has to be said that they were just too far apart in skill level. MasterSatoshi was out of the atmosphere, a stunning galaxy, inhuman. ChampionXavier was just on par with Serena.

So Serena was strongly suspicious that ChampionXavier couldn't think it through and wanted to die.

Brock replied to her: "It's not whether he wanted to or not, third brother announced the challenge on the World Channel. That announcement, it was so underhanded, if he didn't take it, he couldn't ever play in this server again."

And there was a written challenge, how formal ...... Serena was mortified and asked: "What was the challenge?"

MrCoolShinji: "He wrote that he wanted a three-battle match. Said if ChampionXavier won even one battle, it would be considered that Xavier won. He won't ask about the video again. And in the duel, he won't bring his pet. If Xavier didn't go to battle with this kind of conditions, Xavier couldn't be considered a man. Losing is better than not coming."

Not using immortal level pets ......

You could win this way?

Serena was still mortified. It was said that Master was inhuman. This proved it one again. And this kind of conditions was really really ~~really didn't allow anybody to say anything. If Satoshi had just asked for a fair duel with Xavier, then even if Xavier didn't fight, admitting that he wasn't as good as Satoshi, it wouldn't have given him any embarrassment. But provoking a battle this way made it so that Xavier had to battle. Otherwise, he really would be shamed by everyone.

MrCoolShinji said: "Afterwards, I started to pity ChampionXavier. Poor guy. If it was one match to determine victory, then he only loses one level. If it was best two out of three, after losing two, he could immediately admit defeat and lose two levels. But Satoshi had to play it so that everybody, including, knew that he would lose the third round. He still had to suffer through it for his honor."

OldManBrock: "Evil, underhanded, too evil."

Satoshi said: "You guys are reading too much into it. I just didn't want to waste time talking."

Serena thought that it was true and Satoshi's reason made sense. If it had been a fair challenge, Xavier would have found an excuse not to fight and try to argue. Talking back and forth would have wasted time. Master's challenge was a fatal strike.

HandsomeOak: "Well, ChampionXavier was somewhat brave, he didn't battle with his pet either. Did you already consider this point?"

Satoshi dismissed him. He said: "Why would I consider him?"